View Poll Results: Rate The Vault of Secrets!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 The mintiest episode yet!

0 0%
  • 9/10 There is a chance of saving the series!

0 0%
  • 8/10 Sutekh would be proud!

5 62.50%
  • 7/10 Better than Men in Black 2.

3 37.50%
  • 6/10 A veiled interest.

0 0%
  • 5/10 I miss Luke and K-9!

0 0%
  • 4/10 Russell T, we need you!

0 0%
  • 3/10 Like eating superglue.

0 0%
  • 2/10 Gita out and don't come back.

0 0%
  • 1/10 Vault the hell was that?

0 0%

Default 4.2 The Vault of Secrets

I know what we're all thinking...

PYRAMIDS OF MARS REFERENCE! SQUEEEE!!!!

Okay, now that that's over with, let's talk about the actual episodes.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

That made us chuckle here- we had to remind it just to make sure. That's the kind of fun little reference I like.

It was another pretty good episode. Nice to see Chandra and Suresh again. They brighten the screen with their great comedic performances.

Is it childish to have laughed at all the Burrpss jokes? If so I'm sorry I was in a childish mood this evening!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We thought it was great! Really fun and cartoon-like. The BURPS stuff initially felt a little TOO CBBC, but it all suddenly got darker when Ocean was revealed to have something more to do with it. Likewise at the start I feared a cheap rip-off of "Prisoner of the Judoon" but by the end it had got really fun and intriguing indeed, what with secret vaults, cryogenically frozen aliens, the brilliant Androids with guns for arms and the rest of it. By the close of the end it was crackling along and I was sorry to see it end. Great stuff!

Si.

Exactly! This was a wonderful two-parter that really zipped along with buckets of energy. I really loved what they did with the Androvax as well, making him sympathetic without changing his character.

And we got Sarah's 'Soooper-Eeeeviil!!!!' acting again!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Was that a Pyramid? On Mars? Who'd have thought! Rather enjoyed it again, although the first episode took a while to get into its stride. Not enough of a focus on Clyde, but I'm biased in that he's the best thing in it.

And will we see SJA video conferencing in on Luke at the worst possible moment "Mum, I've got a girl here..." Androids were good, knowing references to MiB and Terminator likewise. Chandra and Suresh a waste of space as usual (someone tell that woman she's not in panto and that she can actually act if she likes!)
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Does anyone else feel that the season would have been served better by swapping the first two stories around? I think that's why I didn't really gel with the first story; I think it would have been better to have had the action adventure one first, then the more emotional episode second. I wonder if they were worried about the series seeming samey because the Anzac (or whatever he was called) story opened last years series too. As it stood, it felt like being really excited about a new album, then finding a ballad as the first track. You want the fun first, and the meaty stuff later.

Si.

So essentially your upset that we had two brilliant stories, but that they were the wrong way round?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm not upset.

Si.

I'm delighted! They could have done them the other way round, but Luke would have needed to be on holiday or something. The Nightmare Man felt like a bit of an 'oddball' stories, but SJA have established that they can do these kinds of stories as part of their regular output, so I don't think it mattered too much.

It's entirely possible that everyone will be watching for next week's episode regardless of what they did this week. Even if it isn't David Tennant any more.

They could have easily said Luke was studying or something, plus that would have alleviated the odd situation of a regular cast member leaving in the first episode. That's just the way I feel - when the series started I was ready for just the kind of dynamic, action adventure that "The Vault of Secrets" was, and as a result I enjoyed the slightly sad, serious season opener less. But maybe that was just me.

I know of at least one person already who hasn't bothered with the season so far but is looking forward to next weeks episodes. It's just a shame that someone, somewhere, couldn't have stitched on a pair and had the balls to give it a Radio Times front cover.

Si.

"I can't come out Sarah Jane, I'm locked in the toilet!" - that would have worked for me.
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

I thought it was good fun overall. Nice to see each of the team get a chance to do some evil-possessed acting this time round.

Looking forward to next week's episode immensely!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Agreed, I watched this week's on the iPlayer last night/this morning, and really enjoyed it. Lots of stuff chucked in there - BURPPS, the Men in Black, Androvax, etc, but it didn't feel too busy, and the different elements all worked together superbly. Really well-written, very enjoyable indeed. I loved, for example, the very British moment of Sarah & co, and Mr Dredd, both being sat patiently waiting at the traffic lights!!

In fact, even the opening scene, with a spooky deserted building, an intruder, mysterious guardians being awoken... it was VERY Who!!

And the trailer for next week looks good (It's a trap? Really, I'd never have guessed). In particular, it's just made me grin like a loon to see Matt appear, can't wait!!

I was expecting the girl at the beginning, the one who's been taken over by Androvax, to become a regular after meeting up with the others. Once she collapses, we never see her again which was a waste. I loved the story though.