Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Is Levine trying to cop a feel on the right of that pic?

Dirty old record producer!

It looks like he's locked them all up in his shed and forced them to record the lines!

Si xx

He probably is. Either that or boring them in to submission about how he saved The Daleks from destruction.

Who are all those people? And how's he going to do it without Denis Carey or Tom Baker?

Si.

We-e-ell, BF managed it with only Lalla. It may be pushing credibility a bit to be expecting Daniel Hill and Victoria Burgoygne to be playing even mature students at Cambridge after all this time, saying that.

Apparently he's got what's left of the original cast to re-record their lines, but Tom is "charging too much" so they've got a sound a like. Who knows what he's doing about Denis Carey.
    God knows what he's doing about the copyright problems (you know the BBC own Docor Who and the monsters, the TARDIS etc) or whether he's approached the Adams estate...

Si xx

Amd it seems when questioned about it, the normal responses are received...

I did this in the same way as Keith Barnfather did "Return To Devils End" or Bill Baggs did his JNT Memoirs.
    If I don't release it, your mention of legal repercussions is a joke.
    If 2/E refuse it, I have other legal options which are already in place.

You're basically talking out of your nether regions. You need to shut up now, or at least talk about stuff where you might have some "inkling" as to what is actually going on.
    And if you think 2/E would turn down the chance to make £200,00 profit out of my work (30,000 sales at less than seven pounds profit per disc - yes I have done my homework) then you're even more blind than I gave you credit for.
    f it never comes out, then at least I and my friends can privately enjoy it forever.
    But if it never comes out, I don't think 2/E will make themselves very popular.
    Besides which, they have announced it is coming out, LONG after I started on it, and admitted they don't have a clue what to do with it.
    Si xx

So he's not conceited at all then?

Not at all!

Si xx

Apparently this guy http://www.ukvoiceover.com/voices/paul-jones/ is playing Tom. Based on one exaggerated line I'm not really convinced.

Si xx

And if you think 2/E would turn down the chance to make £200,00 profit out of my work (30,000 sales at less than seven pounds profit per disc - yes I have done my homework)

He may have done his homework, but he still comes bottom of the class. I've checked, and double-checked, and my calendar still doesn't say "April 1st". Is it?

Where to start...?

30,000 people would NOT buy a bodged together "version" of an unreleased DW story. Can you imagine being the 2|e sale person with the job of selling this to Tescos, or Asda..?

Are all the participants happy for 2|e to make £200,000, whilst all they get is an invite to Ian's Xmas Curry Night?

Which Doctor will feature on the spine 'roundel' on the dvd. Will they use Tom, or a picture of the voiceover artist?

Can we start a petition campaign to have him forced to leave this country, along with Bob Crow?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm put off the project by Steve's point about the DVD sleeve. Imagine the chaos on my shelf!

Shame on Lalla for getting involved in this!

Si.

Who is the old man in the pink shirt and red cravat. Is Christopher Neame there? And what's Jilly Cooper doing there (third from left)?

Si.

Why is it outside a home sauna?

Shada put together by some soundalikees and a reunited 30 year older cast, filmed outside some shabby shed? Richly comic, Dennis Brent, richly comic!

I notice John Leeson isn't there! As David Breirely is dead, who will they get to do K9? Maybe Lalla could go down on all fours?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Maybe Lalla could go down on all fours?

Si.
    Ooh, now there's an image!

Apparently Christopher Neame phoned in his lines from LA and John Leeson will be voicing K9, but goodness alone knows who's playing Chronotis- Ian Levine probably!

Si xx

Neame isn't gping to sound anything like he did 30 years ago. Hope he's not a big smoker!

Si. :mobile

His voice was already deeper when he did an episode of Babylon 5 in the 90s, so you're probably right Si.

So stuff from Gallifrey Base last night:
    Originally Posted by Steve Manfred
    Ian,

Did you make it clear to the actors involved before you signed them on that you have yet to secure official permission/rights from either the BBC or the Douglas Adams' estate to release this?
    Originally Posted by Ian Levine

They know everything.
    I am not intending to release it. I am finishing it and offering it to 2/E as fully edited and finished.
    I don't need anybody's permission to do anything if I don't intend to release it.
    If it is released by 2/E then they will secure all clearances.
    If it isn't, then you can all gloat, while I sit back and enjoy my expensive private copy.

Now I am really fed up of all this cr@p. It's my project, I didn't leak it, I have been polite enough to answer all your questions, but I am now officially p!ssed off.

The bloody thing wouldn't even exist if I hadn't prevented the wiping of the tapes.

It's getting finished whether you like it or not, so suck it up.
    Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Apparently this guy http://www.ukvoiceover.com/voices/paul-jones/ is playing Tom. Based on one exaggerated line I'm not really convinced.

Si xx
    It's Plan 9 From Outer Space all over again, but without the cross-dressing producer ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

If he wasn't so prone to such extreme hyperbole and didn't believe everything was the absolute pits or the pinnacle of excellence I'd be quite encouraged by his claims that this new version of Shada is fantastic. Not that we'll ever see it - he'll make such unworkable demands of 2E that they won't release it and he'll spend the next 30 years dropping hints about how he's just watched Shada again and ISN'T it such a PITY that you PROLES can't watch it too.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The weird thing is, I can see his point. They've had 30 years to re-record the lines for "Shada", and no-one has thought to do so. He's right, he's perfectly entitled to hire a bunch of actors and make something if he doesn't plan to commercially exploit it - if he's got the money, then why not? He's even going to offer it to 2-E to release if they want to. He could just have sat on it. And, again, he is right that the BBC would have wiped the original footage if it wasn't for him.

The only problem really is timing, and that as usual you sort of fear that Levine will wreck a commercial enterprise by wading in with all his cash. But then, as I mentioned, it's been thirty years and two dead lead actors - how long's he supposed to wait? If the BBC had any super commercial forethought they'd have paid a few hundred quid for the actors to have recorded all their lines the moment they pledged to release every story on Video/DVD, the way they 'bank' commentary tracks.

Ideally, he'd have done this, but just recorded the raw lines, not told anyone, and salted them away until it got out that 2-e were considering the story, then discretely offered them the masters. But he didn't actually leak the session, so this is almost what he was going to do.

I hate to say it, but he's done nothing wrong. How many Doctor Who fans does it take to change a lightbulb again?

Si.

He's done nothing wrong except, perhaps, break the copyright of the BBC and the Estate of Douglas Adams.... Just minor things!

Si xx