Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Legacy Boxset (Shada & More Than 30 Years in the TARDIS) - coming 2013

He [Dan Hall] confirmed that the missing Tom Baker Story Shada is in production and at present the plan is to release it with another title
    Si Hunt will be delighted!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's been at the back of my mind for some time whether they'll get round to releasing Shada again. Wonder if they'll redo the linking material, or whether they'll just be cheap and leave it as it stands?

I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED AND DELIGHTED!

Si.

But 2 seconds later my cynacism has kicked in like an underexcercised mule.

With another title? Why?

It's going to be a 50 minute slideshow with Tom Baker narration and a few sketches to fill in the blanks. Isn't it?

Si.

I took it to mean it'd be released in a cardboard box with another Doctor Who DVD, so who knows.

Si xx

Again, my calculating old mind is thinking that if they were spending any money on this, it'd need to be released full price to recoup the cost, like the video (which cost double a usual Video!).

Bear in mind I'm going to be happy with no less than tired old Tom Baker forced to dress up in his old costume and parade around with his ex-wife in front of a CGI Denis Carey.

Si.

The occasional glimpses we get given into your thought processes disturb me Si.

Si xx

The other night I dreamed that Scott Handcock was showing me his Harlequin Miniatures collection.

There's one you didn't get on the Dreams Thread.

Si.

Maybe they'll ANIMATE~! the missing bits. Using the McGann version of the soundtrack. And getting Matt Smith to explain that something wibbly wobbly had happened.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Now you're just trying to make me moist.

Si. :mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    With another title? Why?
    Perhaps they will recoup the cost of fixing up Shada by spreading it across that and a title that requires very little work, so rather than release an expensive Shada and a separate cheapo normal title they'll put the two together for the cost of an average box set.

Or maybe they've been in secret negotiations to get Dimensions in Time released with it...

But seriously, it might come with Ice Warriors and/or Tenth Planet in a "Not-Quite-All-There" box set.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

That'd be a DVD set of DEATH.

Si xx

I'm looking forward to it, but at the end of the day it's never going to be a complete story - it's not like a story where they've lost the visuals, it's an incomplete story for which whole swathes were never recorded in 1979. So it's always going to be a compromise...

...but for all that, I enjoyed the video immensely, and 20+ years later I suspect there will be even more invention to help fill the blanks.

As an aside, I know Ian Levine has regularly mentioned on OG that he knows just what to do to prepare Shada for release - I suspect whatever Dan Hall has got planned will be something different, so no doubt Ian will be, appalled!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    As an aside, I know Ian Levine has regularly mentioned on OG that he knows just what to do to prepare Shada for release - I suspect whatever Dan Hall has got planned will be something different, so no doubt Ian will be, appalled!!
    It's like a kind of cruel sport - Levine-baiting.

Will be interesting to see what they do here - although I quite enjoyed the animated version they did which at least brought it to life.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    Or maybe they've been in secret negotiations to get Dimensions in Time released with it...
    Funnily, The Curse Of Fatal Death did come to mind this morning.

They're going to film the missing bits with the cast of Dead Ringers.

bit curious as to why they are releasing this I'd of thought Shada, would of fallen into the incomplete stories catogory with the likes of the Ice Warriors, which I thought were not going to be released untill last.

But it's not the same, is it? It's incomplete but none of it is missing in the same way as with the others. It's a question of recording some form of narration, or finding some other structure to frame the existing material. The others need some way to fill gaps that have existent soundtracks, so animation or reconstruction is required for a decent release.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Funnily, The Curse Of Fatal Death did come to mind this morning.
    I have many days like that.

The story of your life, isn't it?

Apparently there's a thread on GB all about the fact that Ian Levine is making an "unofficial" version of this using many of the original cast. Except, errr, Tom Baker. Who, Ian has informed people, could not agree on a fee...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I predict this will cause oodles of trouble in the long run. What will happen when 2Entertain come to do something with Shada, and there's this conflicting version? Either they'll have to use whatever Levine has done, or else be forced into trying to do something different, because he'll have done whatever he's doing first. The actors may not be interested in doing anything for any official version having done this.

I'm sure he believe's he's acting under the best of intentions, but he never sees the bigger picture beyond his own point of view.

Si xx

I suppose the BBC could always threaten to sue him for breach of copyright. That would be fair.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Or, as someone pointed out elsewhere, this could give 2Entertain the ultimate get out clause of not releasing the story at all... "We'd like to do it, but someone else got there first scuppering our plans..."

Si xx