Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

The behind the scenes footage of Shada glimpsed during the credits of More Than 30 Years is another glaring omission.

So basically this release is a complete an utter flamingo up!

Perhaps they're now deliberately releasing stories with a view to 'revisiting' them in years to come...

More Than Thirty Years In The TARDIS really is superb. Beautifully directed, and a treasure trove of clips and interviews. I still love every minute, and it's amazing how many soundbites from it are still in our lexicon to this day.

I love how Roberta Tovey keeps adding random words to Jenny Lindens anecdote, how Frazer and Debbie have so obviously been on the wine at lunch ("Stop it Frazer, stop it!") plus her "Monster era... era?", Anne Diamond's weird unprofessional "Oh nooooo!" when Jon Pertwee sabotages their competition, Mary Whitehouse's weird diction ("In the mind of the child..... FORAWHOLEWEEK"), JNT looking younger than in 1980, the weird "half fiction/half drama" with the boy entering the TARDIS and finding Carole Ann-Ford leering lustily at him from accross the console room (and, interestingly, when she's escaped from the Daleks to the TARDIS after the Hover Dalek segment, someone has bothered to dub the TARDIS flight sound onto her subsequent interview, as if to pretend she is somehow talking about her time in the series from the safety of an in-flight TARDIS!!), the phrase "highest expression of techological outerware is gum boots painted silver", Lowry Turner and her bizarre fetish for Jon Pertwee, the astonishing inappropriateness of the BBC sanctioning an in-character advert appearance by the Doctor and Romana which features her draped over his shoulders and lustily agreeing to marry him (!!), Sylvester McCoy's "Kate Copstick" fashion sense with beret and scarf and the brilliant footage of him saving Sophie Aldred's life with a hollared "SHIT GET HER OUT!", Jessica Carney telling her Dalek suit storyline with the utmost suspense as if she is telling it to a group of primary school children, Toyah and her Cyberman fetish, the superbly directed recreations and dramatic interludes (who wouldn't get a chill when the post box turns into a Dalek) and the various wonderful behind the scenes off-cuts and out-takes such as Peter Davison's nob-twiddling. Keep going Lis!

What a marvellous, exciting, wonderfully made and affectionate documentary it is. Stocked full of magical moments, then and now it was the TV equivalent of a Doctor Who chest full of treasure.

Si.

@Si! It's just so brilliant, isn't it?

There's a great interview with Kevin Davies here: http://www.radiofreeskaro.com/2013/0...in-the-tardis/

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    So basically this release is a complete an utter flamingo up!
    Has it been mentioned on here yet that they accidentally left out one of the scenes used in the 1992 VHS Shada?

Oh no! Which one? What a balls up!

Si.

One of the shots of them going up the ramp into Skagra's ship. A different scene has been substituted apparently.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

There isn't even a scene select for MTTYITT and the menu is oddly different to the rest of the range.

See the difference here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vytdThle_Wg

It does also show the vast improvement in picture quality too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    how Frazer and Debbie have so obviously been on the wine at lunch ("Stop it Frazer, stop it!")
    Not that Frazer need s much encouragement sober...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post

It does also show the vast improvement in picture quality too though!
    The reds are too red, like Black Orchid & TFD.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

How bizarre. Maybe it's easy looking in from the outside, but so often there seem to have been glaring errors on the part of the RT which are spotted so very quickly & easily. You'd think by now they'd just play all their new DVDs once in front of a random fan, before finalising them for sale!! I mean that isn't just a slightly different take of the same shot, it's entirely different!!

It also basically leaves the scene making no sense, as the moment they walk up the ramp is the only thing that gives you any perspective on the invisible spaceship...

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    It also basically leaves the scene making no sense, as the moment they walk up the ramp is the only thing that gives you any perspective on the invisible spaceship...
    Exactly. I'm sorry but they really have screwed this release up good & proper.

The production subtitles tell you all about the hilarious recording of the "flicking through the pages of the book" footage where Tom ad-libs lines on top of the scene. I'll just pop to the Deleted Scenes menu and imagine watching it.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    The reds are too red, like Black Orchid & TFD.
    You'll be saying it's too wide next!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    The production subtitles tell you all about the hilarious recording of the "flicking through the pages of the book" footage where Tom ad-libs lines on top of the scene. I'll just pop to the Deleted Scenes menu and imagine watching it.

Si.
    No!

They really went to town on not making this the release everyone would have wanted, didn't they?

I wonder how much effort can be put into deliberately not making an effort?

To be fair, I was being deliberately facetious.

Because, to be fair, Shada is the release that could most have done with that extra mile.

And while on the face of it, it looks like a pretty decent release, there's a bunch of stuff that could easily have gone on there that hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    To be fair, I was being deliberately facetious.
    Grief man, you know DW fans can't deal with deliberately facetious!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    You'll be saying it's too wide next!
    The invisible ramp is clearly too wide!

Good grief. This is rather like the new modem I bought.

Top of the line, great design, recommended by several friends- and it didn't work.

Got a revised replacement (new box design etc)- best modem I've ever had.

I actually saw two eps of the Levine version at the animatic stage. I can't understand why it was turned down- it was certainly better than the Planet of Giants recon (which I really enjoyed).

For people who haven't seen it before, like my boyfriend, this release is great. For everyone else - the grand majority of buyers - it's a disappointment. On the old RT forum, I recall Steve Roberts and/or Mark Ayres saying that various avenues were being pursued for this release- someone must have cut down all the trees.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I have my copy!!

Not sure if I can be bothered to watch any of it. Nothing new, same old stuff, move along, nothing to see here.