Default Companions - Where are they now?

As everyone who saw the latest SJA episode knows, we were told of what Ace, Ian and Barbara, Tegan and others were up to these days. But for those not mentioned, what do you imagine they're up to these days?

To start things off...I'd like to think that Peri eventually got bored of marriage, found her way back to Earth, and then starred in a number of movies in the "Girls Gone Wild!" series...Ahem...

Right, that's save Tim having to do that one So over to you lot!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I pity Peri - she should have gone out gloriously ... instead she's doomed to shag Brian Blessed. Ewwww ...

Whatever became of Dodo? Oh that's right, no-one cares!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Why can't we rescue Adric? Did Leela really marry that wet blanket? Whatever happened to Peter Purves?

Though the planet Kembel, the Place of Perfection and magnetic chair have all now been demolished, it is comforting to reflect that they are, in some small way, commemorated by the fact that twenty-nine seconds later Katarina was, in fact, rescued.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'd like a glimpse of Mel's Glitzy affairs after she left the Doctor.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

@ the non-death of Katarina. Bit improbable though...

It's Susan I feel most sorry for - I can think of better places to be dropped off than "Dalek devastated London". Glamorous or what!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I still can't decide whether to spoil the thread by dragging Big Finish into this...
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Why can't we rescue Adric? Did Leela really marry that wet blanket? Whatever happened to Peter Purves?

and did Dodo, ever come back from her rest in the country..

I still can't decide whether to spoil the thread by dragging Big Finish into this...

Oh, look what the cat dragged in!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

@Steve's posts. DNA would have been pleased by the reference. I'm sure.

Thanks Tim!

So anyway, there are loads of theories of whatever happened to Susan. A lot of which depend on whether or not she's a Time-lady, or a Galifreyan, or a human who merely thought the Doctor was her grandfather.

According to John Peel Susan didn't age, so as David grew old and died she was still a teenager. Which is pretty grim actually!

Alternatively, she could have gone on to have had a dozen children with David. Given that the population of the Earth had been severely reduced after the Dalek Invasion Of Earth (2150AD!!!) then, within a few generations, Susan's offspring would constiute a substantial proportion of the Earth's population.

If that's the case, then no wonder the Doctor is so keen on the Human Race in the future!

If we believe the extended continuity...

Susan
    Raising a son in late 22nd Century Earth.

Sara
    Her spirit bonded with a house?

Dodo
    Having survived a tortuous life and found love, was shot in the head and killed.

Jamie
    Settled into life after the Jacobite Rebellion. Had his memories revived by a crashed assassin (whom he'd met during his time with the Doctor)

Zoe
    Picked up by the Sixth Doctor and Jamie? Had returned to her own time and job.

Liz Shaw
    On Moonbase (3?). Not dead, damn you Matt Jones. Hurrah!

Leela
    Her husband Andred disappeared on a mission. It turned out that he caught the man he was after, but regenerated and suffered amnesia in the process. By the time he remembered who he was, he felt he couldn't tell Leela, and was seconded by the CIA. Currently serving as the blind bodyguard of Lord President Romana on the remains of Gallifrey.

Romana
    Became Lord President of Gallifrey and attempted to end its period of isolation. Usurped by the Imperiatrix Pandora, who had taken the form of her first body.

Adric
    Became a vengeful spirit?

Nyssa
    Whatever the recent trilogy says.

Tegan
    Dying of cancer and/or fighting for Aboriginal (land?) rights.

Peri
    Lived as a Warrior Queen/Lived as a wrestler's manager (my favourite)/Lived as a mental health care professional/Died.

Mel
    Returned to Pease Pottage and/or killed in the far future on Heritage.

Ace
    Became Time's Vigilante/Is killed by the Threshold/Started A Charitable Earth.

Grace
    Spliced the Master's Goo with human DNA, creating a monster. When berated by the Doctor, pointed out that he just drops in on people's lives, with little concern as to how they can cope afterwards.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Thanks Tim!

So anyway, there are loads of theories of whatever happened to Susan. !

and the waters get even more muddied if you consider the EDA, novel Legacy of the Daleks to be cannon or the BF audios..

Quote Originally Posted by brandynigma View Post
    If we believe the extended continuity...

Susan
    Raising a son in late 22nd Century Earth.

Sara
    Her spirit bonded with a house?

Dodo
    Having survived a tortuous life and found love, was shot in the head and killed.

Jamie
    Settled into life after the Jacobite Rebellion. Had his memories revived by a crashed assassin (whom he'd met during his time with the Doctor)

Zoe
    Picked up by the Sixth Doctor and Jamie? Had returned to her own time and job.

Liz Shaw
    On Moonbase (3?). Not dead, damn you Matt Jones. Hurrah!

Leela
    Her husband Andred disappeared on a mission. It turned out that he caught the man he was after, but regenerated and suffered amnesia in the process. By the time he remembered who he was, he felt he couldn't tell Leela, and was seconded by the CIA. Currently serving as the blind bodyguard of Lord President Romana on the remains of Gallifrey.

Romana
    Became Lord President of Gallifrey and attempted to end its period of isolation. Usurped by the Imperiatrix Pandora, who had taken the form of her first body.

Adric
    Became a vengeful spirit?

Nyssa
    Whatever the recent trilogy says.

Tegan
    Dying of cancer and/or fighting for Aboriginal (land?) rights.

Peri
    Lived as a Warrior Queen/Lived as a wrestler's manager (my favourite)/Lived as a mental health care professional/Died.

Mel
    Returned to Pease Pottage and/or killed in the far future on Heritage.

Ace
    Became Time's Vigilante/Is killed by the Threshold/Started A Charitable Earth.

Grace
    Spliced the Master's Goo with human DNA, creating a monster. When berated by the Doctor, pointed out that he just drops in on people's lives, with little concern as to how they can cope afterwards.
    Um...think you may have missed a couple of points there!

Susan
    Nicked the Master's TARDIS and marooned him on Tersurus, may or may not have ended up on the High Council and dissented.

Jamie
    Ended up growing old and getting killed by the Voords...I think.

Ace
    The Doctor let her die then started travelling with a parallel-timeline version of her, who's to say he didn't do it more than once?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?