Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Once Upon A Time Lord

5 Years.

18 Audio Adventures.

Made exclusively by and for the posters of Planet Skaro...

Coming in November 2010... a brand new adventure!

Trailer available 1.11.2010

Keep checking back here for more info!

Last edited by Si Hunt; 30th Oct 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Huzzah !!
    Bazinga !

I'm very much looking forward to hearing this one

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"Coming November 2010" - what an intriguing title!!

More seriously, we're long overdue a new story so can't wait!!

Ooh, exciting. New Doctor Who.

Just saw the banner! BRILLIANT!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

The banner is great isn't it? I can't wait to see the whole cover

Si xx

Once Upon A Time Lord

Planet Skaro Audio's epic fourth season of adventures, begun earlier in the year with the brilliant "Sting of the Time Bees", continues with a trip back in time to a somewhat extraordinary adventure for the Doctors popular travelling companion Edward Bradley. Written and recorded by, and starring the posters of this very forum, we are proud to unveil...

"Once Upon A Time Lord" has been written for us by none other than our own Doctor Who, Paul Monk. A twisted fairytale, this one will leave you guessing until its very conclusion.

Once upon a time, in a kingdom long ago, there was brave Knight called Edward Bradley. Like all good knights he had a quest, to rescue a beautiful princess from the clutches of an evil Queen. Unlike all good knights, Edward didn't belong in this world and did not want to go on a quest. He just wanted to find his friend The Doctor and leave this world to off on adventures in time and space. Would Ed find the Doctor and live happily ever after, or was he trapped on this world forever?

Episode 1 of this brand new two-part story will be on-line in one place only - here on Planet Skaro - on Wednesday 10th November. It continues our Fourth Season, which will carry on with Stories 3, 4, 5 and 6 next year, culminating in a finale in Spring 2011 which will, literally, change the shape of our Audios project forever. Make no mistake, it's one hell of a conclusion that this season is building to, and it all starts here.

More details, casting and a trailer to come in the next few weeks!

If this is all very new to you, and perhaps you have only recently joined Planet Skaro, then please do log on and download our special Audio story and tell us what you think. Even better, we're always looking out for new people to write, act or otherwise contribute to our plays, so you might even like to have a go. Get in touch if you fancy joining in!

Si.

Nice cover. I guess it is Panto season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Nice cover. I guess it is Panto season.
    Oh no it's not!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Ha! Marvellous! I am very much looking forward to this story, I had a huge amount of fun recording my lines!

That is a superb cover if only for the fact that I no longer have grey hair!
    I'm really looking forward to hearing the production on this. I'm sure it will be brilliant as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    Oh no it's not!
    Oh yes it is!!

Wow! What a superb cover!

Si xx

By the way everyone, forgive me for not mentioning it earlier, but the fab artwork for this cover is the work of multi-talented Planet Skaro regular Jon Masters! Jon of course also wrote our earlier PS Audio adventure, "The Hand Of Peace".

Si.

And it was Si who did all the hard work of organising my scribbles into an overall composition, and adding all the colour (you'd have had grey hair from me, Grandad Monk )

Having heard odd bits I'm looking forward to hearing it in full very soon !
    Bazinga !

I was just about to ask who'd done the cover - well done Jon!

And there was me thinking we'd seen the last of Ed with the Time Bees. Glad to hear that's not the case!

Of course, chronologically speaking, ALL the Ed adventures take past in the past because they occur in a gap in the Doctors travels with Nick and Rob (hence how, in "The Paradise Machine"/"Curse of Ratanapura", Nick and Rob play a joke on the Doctor for waxing lyrical about how great Ed is). So although we have experienced the Doctor's final encounter with Ed in "Sting Of The Time Bees", all the Ed adventures are pre-"Blood Money" (our last Rob and Nick encounter) and this is just another one that happens to be from the era during which he travelled with Ed.

Hope that's cleared that up!

Si.

There's also another reason this story is special for us - amazingly, it's taken 5 years but this is the first Planet Skaro Audio with a specially written musical score. I'm delighted to say that Andrew Clancy has written a complete, and very excellent, collection of music for the adventure, in close consultancy with the team as the script was developed. My feeling is that this music helps to bring the story to life like never before - and I can't wait for you all to hear Andrew's beautiful and evocative music. It's so good that I'm convinced it will have to be available to download or otherwise obtain seperately at some point.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    There's also another reason this story is special for us - amazingly, it's taken 5 years but this is the first Planet Skaro Audio with a specially written musical score. I'm delighted to say that Andrew Clancy has written a complete, and very excellent, collection of music for the adventure, in close consultancy with the team as the script was developed. My feeling is that this music helps to bring the story to life like never before - and I can't wait for you all to hear Andrew's beautiful and evocative music. It's so good that I'm convinced it will have to be available to download or otherwise obtain seperately at some point.

Si.
    Awwh thanks Si - I really should get that last cue to you then!!!

Hope you enjoy the story and that the music enhances it rather than ruins it!

Oh, I meant to say - excellent cover. Good work Jon (and Si)

Wow! I'm looking forward to it even more now (although part of me will miss the game of 'spot the source of the music' - only kidding!). Well done Andrew - and very brave, you know how opinionated we are on PS about things!!

I just hope Andrew is happy with how I've used his music. Inevitably there is creative editing, re-use and the odd time when I had to figuratively take the shears to the silk. At times I heard bits of the music and thought it could easily belong to a great lost Season 18 score.

Si. :mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I just hope Andrew is happy with how I've used his music. Inevitably there is creative editing, re-use and the odd time when I had to figuratively take the shears to the silk. At times I heard bits of the music and thought it could easily belong to a great lost Season 18 score.

Si. :mobile
    I'm sure it will be great Si. I always knew that changes/cuts would have to be made, so I'll be expecting some edits etc. In many ways that's good, because if I get around to knocking up a CD one day then I can release the 'previously unedited' versions of the cues!!!

As for the Season 18 vibe - well if there was ever a Season to try and get the feel of, that would be the one for me.

As for the Season 18 vibe - well if there was ever a Season to try and get the feel of, that would be the one for me.
    Quite right too!

Si xx