Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Listened to this at the weekend - what fun!

With audios it's nice to have something light-hearted now and then, and this is just the ticket. Great performances all round, particularly Ashley and Martin, and it's nice to now have a good compliment of female actors 'on the books'.

I find it hard to be objective about Andrew's music as I'm far too over-familiar with his style, but it certainly gave the production the necessary back-notes. However, I was a little disappointed that it was quite tinny in the context of the overall mix; not sure if this was how it was recorded or if it was deliberately mixed this way in post production?

I listened to it myself one last time last night before bed - I wanted to make sure it was perfect before unleashing it!

Si.

However, I was a little disappointed that it was quite tinny in the context of the overall mix;
    I have to be sensitive here.

Andrew applied his own noise reduction. I think I have the software to have produced a more sensitive filter. However, I was very grateful for the time Andrew spent on the music and I personally felt like I might have been "pushing my luck" asking him to send it all again. Maybe I should have done. I have mentioned to him once or twice about the noise reduction.

Si.

I'm sitting back and waiting for the collective "EH?????"

I think you're being too pessimistic - I listened to it last night and I thought it made perfect sense!

Si.

I'm listening to it now! Your Wolf cracks me up.

Haha! Brilliant stuff! Praise the Book! Who was that charming narrator Loved all the fighting insults.

On the minus side, I nearly fell asleep at the very end... but that tune always sets me off!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Can I just ask if its wrong to laugh at your script? Actually its more Martin's delivery of a certain line that had me laughing. And Si, your niece was brilliant. A real star in the making I reckon.

Loved all the fighting insults.
    Glad you liked them. They were stolen from a couple of fantasy type things.

Actually its more Martin's delivery of a certain line that had me laughing.
    Which one?

And Si, your niece was brilliant. A real star in the making I reckon.
    The out-takes are priceless!

Si.

That was a good fun episode. Lots of lovely overatcing from Susan that was incredibly entertaining and some nice stuff for Ed too. Martin seemed to play him permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown this episode, which was fun to hear! he seemd even more put out by everything than usual!

Nice to hear the Doctor turn up and take command. Honestly I didn't think we were going to be hearing much from him this season the way it's been going!

I liked the ending, which was lovely and heart warming. Good night Daddy. Awww! What stars the kids were!

Great stuff. When the next one coming then?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Which one?
    The one right at the end. Where Ed moans about his lack of action. Just something about the way Martin said it just cracked me up.

The out-takes are priceless!
    I'd love to hear those. Is she one of those little children that can talk endlessly about anything?

Ha! You tell us!

I like the way it turns round mid-way through and suddenly it's a "Doctor" episode. Also some more brilliant music from Andrew here!

Si.

Is she one of those little children that can talk endlessly about anything?
    She's more chatty now actually, when she did the recording she just loved doing it. She kept shouting! And she loved hearing herself back. "Appily Appily after Dada!" is now a catchphrase!

Si.

Awwww. How sweet.

I thoroughly enjoyed that! As already mentioned, I loved how it turned into a Doctor episode in the second half (frankly, I was getting sick of the sound of my own voice!). Paul was great as well, clearly very much enjoying acting out his script!

Steve's sister reached amazing levels of insanity in this episode! I continued to enjoy her interaction with the magic mirror, and quite enjoyed how the story didn't just end with her being defeated/killed.

The Doctor/Ed swordfight, complete with back and forth insulting, is one of my favourite scene we've done. I very much enjoyed playing the 'evil' Ed, and delivering 'KNEEL BEFORE ED!'. It actually took a while to get the voice right, as the first few attempts just had Ed turning into Tor Garane.

The supporting cast were great too, the children especially! I particularly enjoyed Si Hunt's wolf, and the very well spoken woodsman.

Steve's sister reached amazing levels of insanity in this episode!
    Can we please now officially call her Susan? And I'd like to point out that she was like that all the time at home. She's mellowed a bit now, but as you can hear she can still turn it on!

I'll have to show her this thread, she'll love it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We can read out the reviews at her wedding next year.

Si xx

I think her lines should be played at her wedding! Good job the Bride doesn't have a best man speech equivalent.
    Anyway can I just say that everyone was superb in this and really brought the script alive, so thank you very much. Also Si's editing was brilliant and the ending, which I was worried about, actually flowed really well.

Si's production on this story was really wonderful. It felt magical and other worldly and he managed to keep up with all the outlandish and difficult things the script asked for in a rerally rather brilliant way.

And another thumbs up from me for Andrew's music which really enhangced the atmosphere. Lovely stuff!

Si xx

nd he managed to keep up with all the outlandish and difficult things the script asked for in a rerally rather brilliant way.
    I have to admit I did include some bits on purpose, just to make things tricky for him

Quite right too!

Si xx

Well you've got to keep him on his toes haven't you?

Oy!

No-one's mentioned the Fresh Fields moment!

Si.