Thread: Bon Jovi

Default Bon Jovi

A band I loved from about 1994 until 2003. There's a Greatest Hits bonanza on the way.

Disc: 1
    1. Livin' On A Prayer
    2. You Give Love A Bad Name
    3. It's My Life
    4. Have A Nice Day
    5. 5. Wanted Dead Or Alive
    6. Bad Medicine
    7. We Weren't Born To Follow
    8. I'll Be There For You
    9. Born To Be My Baby
    10. Bed Of Roses
    11. Who Says You Can't Go Home
    12. Lay Your Hands On Me
    13. Always
    14. In These Arms
    15. What Do You Got?
    16. No Apologies
    Disc: 2
    1. Runaway
    2. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
    3. Lost Highway
    4. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
    5. In And Out Of Love
    6. Keep The Faith
    7. When We Were Beautiful
    8. Blaze Of Glory
    9. This Ain't A Love Song
    10. These Days
    11. (You Want To) Make A Memory
    12. Blood On Blood
    13. This Is Love This Is Life
    14. The More Things Change
    Shall we play "What's missing"? No bloody "Dry County"! No "Please Come Home For Christmas" but fair enough. Top 10 hits "Lie To Me" and "Something for the Pain" inexcusably absent!

Can't help but like them and this isn't a bad retrospective by the look of it. But I've no idea whether about 10 unfamiliar tracks are new or lost!

Only 35 videos missing on the DVD, replaced with horrid live versions. Cheers!

Si.

My sister was heard to comment thusly on this earlier "Why would anyone want to buy all the songs they've got already?"

I thought it was a good point. Though, as I pointed out, I don't have any of them as far as I'm aware. And she wasn't to go buying it for me!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

In these Download Days there's even less reason to buy a Best Of. The reasons for me would be:

(i) There's 2-3 new songs
    (ii) It's a fairly nice compilation for the car and it'll save me making it, given I'd have to buy a handful of tracks to complete my collection

Oddly enough, all the unfamiliar tracks count as a Plus for me, and I may well get it when it's a bit cheaper for those.

These are really aimed at casual buyers and stupid people though. Which is fair enough. "I know you like that one about being Half Way There and everything, so I thought..."

Si.

There's a one disc version with even more missing as is the way of these things these days.

See the Pet Shop Boys new Ultimate compilation and last year's Queen one for more "Best of the Best/Casual Buyers" albums.