Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This continues to be good entertainment!

I'm seeing a lot of Bolton in the location scenes.
    I must admit, just when I think I'm king, I just begin!

I'd never have guessed that Annie was such a kinky minx!

I thought it was another good, solid episode, and it's a lot of fun, but I don't know, it seems to be less of a must-see-tv show than it was last year. But I can't quite put my finger on why...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I thoyght last night's episode was the dullest yet. It only just held my attention. I'm not really sure why, but I agree with Alex- it's not quite as good as last year... despite that it's just about the only current ongoing series I make a special effort to see.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Although last night's episode was pretty dull and made me rather squeamish (in an undercover -they'll-get-caught-at-any-moment way) it still had some brilliant moments in it. The first 10 minutes and the last 10 were fabulous.

The surveillance efforts didn't really tie into the main plot or reveal anything about the people they were investigating, it just provided a convenient way to find the murderer at the end. Frankly they should have guessed they might head to the same place as before! The wife-swapping party was as tittilating as the activity it appeared to condemn.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's not as good, even though I also enjoyed last night. It had a very different feel, a lot of the writing seemed forced, and the series as a whole seems to be ticking things off a list. It just doesn't seem as 'natural' as the first series.

Gene Hunt eating the sherbet was funny though.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    ...and the series as a whole seems to be ticking things off a list.
    I think that may be because it is, this is the last one (as you know) so I do believe there might be a sense of wrapping everything up neatly so as not to leave unanswered questions. I'm quite looking forward to the last couple of episodes.

Gene Hunt eating the sherbet was funny though.
    He had a Sherbert Dib-Dab tache!

More worringly, that Sherbert packet looked a bit too authentically 70's. I hope it wasn't 30 years old.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I think that may be because it is, this is the last one (as you know) so I do believe there might be a sense of wrapping everything up neatly so as not to leave unanswered questions.
    I meant more along the lines of "IRA episode - tick, Wife-swapping - tick, bent coppers - tick etc....". The first series didn't seem like that to me, as I remember it, but this one does, imo.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

a must see one to night

not real see all of this show but this was a must CAMBERWICK GREEN : : like this one you not happy sam : :
    Last edited by michael; 20th Mar 2007 at 10:10 PM.

Tonight's episode was cracking good stuff. Perfect 10!

British television at it's best!

"Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking in a nonce?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

"Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking in a nonce?"
    another cracking episode and absoloutly loved the Camblewick Green start and boy did I LOL when mid way through kicking the crap out of that nonce the Gene, puppet stopped and waved at the camara...

I'm a week behind everyone else. I saw the Wife Swap episode last night on the other channel. Not a bad episode but not riveting either.
    I'm glad I sussed out who the murderer was when Sam went upstairs with 'the wife' of the suspect.

We're on the BBC Four track as well, Tim, so we were wife-swapping last night too. As it were. I have to admit I'm not finding it quite as compelling this time round, but it was still very entertaining - the Tony Blair gag made us laugh, as did 'Gordon Brown' suddenly turning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    ...the Tony Blair gag made us laugh, as did 'Gordon Brown' suddenly turning up.
    Oh yes, Cherie Blair never looked so good.

I can't believe it, Andrew & Tim were wife swapping!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Tonight's episode was cracking good stuff. Perfect 10!
    Just caught up last night, and have to agree. Best of the season so far, IMO.

Interesting character introduced in Episode 7 (I've been reading the BBC Press Office blurb).

Now you can basically work out what kind of ending we're probably heading for! Or go back and try to spot all the hints throughout the series.

SPOILERY BBC PRESS OFFICE BLURB FOR FINAL TWO EPISODES:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...shtml#tue_mars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...shtml#tue_mars

Another great Radio Times cover (much better than the one at the start of Series Two) and a massive bloody spoiler pic from the final episode in today's Mirror!

Have we all given up watching this?

More football on tonight, so the overnight ratings will probably be back down to about 5 million.

Good to see the Beeb giving it a big push again. I'll be taping it tonight.

Now that was more like it! This series has been lacking something for me, but this episode had it all - a really strong involving plot, some great acting from Simm and Glenister, plus another link to what might be actually going on for Sam.

This is just random musings and I've read no spoilers, but I'd like the ending see Sam to get back to 2007, and for it to be presumably tied in with tonight's plot / DCI Morgan. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like it to be quite a sci-fy / fantasy ending, rather than one which is more realistic (ie he just had been in the coma all along and dreaming it all, etc.) I'd love it if he were to meet aged versions of Hunt and Annie at the end too - and say something like "Now do you believe me?", but I doubt that'll happen.

I really hope it doesn't end with Sam being giving the choice to stay in 73 with Annie or go back to the present without her, but I've a vague feeling this might be the case.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Good wasn't it? So many tantalising hints of where it could go... What did they mean "Hunt wriggled out of it this time..." How odd... I have no idea how they're going to end this series at all!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"Hunt wriggled out of it this time..." How odd... I have no idea how they're going to end this series at all!
    I was intrigued by that, at first Morgan seemed to be presented as a friendly character with a lot in common with Sam, but by the end there was something unsettling about him - the music added to that effect too.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Maybe Sam can't emerge from his coma because of a rogue/malfunctioning gene (geddit?), which his body has to bring under control... or something.

Or... his body is hunting for a gene...

Absolutely brilliant last night. My only complaint is that the whole thing was wrapped up rather too quickly - although in a way it was good, because it kept the tension up throughout the episode. A casual glance at the clock revealed that it was around 45 minutes before any evidence in Gene's favour came to light!

Sam's realisation about the body sitting on a heater was astoundingly clever, but the boxer's confession was far too easy. Almost as if Sam was in some dream fantasy world!

It was ALL worth it though for: 'My squirrel sense tells me that he's an even bigger b*stard than I thought!' (and even a show like Primeval could be utterly redeemed if it had a single line as good as that!)

another fantastic episode my only quible would be how this boxer who was probably only half Gene's size and with a broken wrist was able to pick Gene' up drag him into a car then drag him into the flat.

any way roll on next week..