Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default 'Life On Mars' Series Two

Series Two starts next month and Teletext/The Sun/Media Guardian have some Spoilery stuff:

Posted below:

From ITV Teletext Page 131

It's Life On Camberwick Green

The geezer coppers in BBC1 hit Life On Mars will find themselves in '70s children's show Camberwick Green.

Sam Tyler (John Simm) and Gene Hunter, played by Philip Glenister, will turn up as puppet characters in a dream sequence to open episode five of the second series of Mars, due next month.

A spokeswoman for the show said it was part of a storyline exploring whether Sam was in a coma in 2007 or had had his drink spiked in 1973.

The Sun report has an excellent pic (with SPOILERS!):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...030609,00.html

or watch a superb teaser on the Media Guardian site (report contains SPOILERS!!)

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...996781,00.html

The advertising campaign sounds great.

Last edited by Milky Tears; 23rd Jan 2007 at 1:18 PM.

Brilliant! Must get round to watching series one sometime though.

thoroughly enjoyed series 1 so certainly looking forward to series 2.

Just incase folks aren't signed up for The Guardian site, you can watch the 20 second trailer here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a41...o-bbc-one.html

It's one of the funniest things I've seen in ages!
    Last edited by Alex; 24th Jan 2007 at 1:09 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

You're not wrong!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

It's brilliant, isn't it? Somehow, though, I can't see it being shown on primetime BBC One, especially with that last bit - hilarious as it is!

Just seen that C. Green style trailer on BBC1, complete with the "nonce" reference and the beating up!

It's not far away - looks like its got cover status for next week's Radio Times!

It's moved to Tuesdays at 9, starting on the 13th. Looks like episode 2 follows at 10 on BBC4.

BBC Press Pack is now online.

(LINK CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS!!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../01/mars.shtml

Marc Warren and Yasmin Bannerman guest in the first episode. Other guest stars include Ray Emmett Brown (Episode 2), Brendan Mackey (Episode 3), Georgia Taylor and Eva Pope (Episode 4), Reece Dinsdale (Episode 5), Ian Puleston-Davies (Episode 6), Kieran O'Brien (Episode 7) and Ralph Brown (7 and 8).

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Press Office
    The original soundtrack to Life On Mars will be released by Sony BMG on Monday 19 February 2007.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 2nd Feb 2007 at 12:37 AM.

They've now started showing a 40 second trailer with clips and the old BBC1 logo.

Caught a bit of it today, and it looks so good - I am really looking forward to this series.

I've been re-watching the first series on DVD over the past couple of nights, and I knew it was good, but I had forgotten just how stunningly good it really was - great performances, brilliant scripts, hilarious dialogue, stylish direction, and, in Philip Glenister's DCI Gene 'You are surrounded by armed bastards!" Hunt, surely one of the greatest anti-heroes in TV history. 'Life On Mars' is one of those rare television programmes which is an instant classic from the word go. I can't wait for next Tuesday.

Radio Times is looking good:

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/magflash/

Even better if you turn the page.

Link to another new trailer on Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a42...-released.html

That's about four of them now: Camberwick Green teaser, 40 second Series Trailer, Episode One Trailer and the new one above.

Good cover! Great quote, too, even if it is from series one. And look, even Doctor Who gets a mention on the cover - that's about the third time this year, isn't it?

There are some brilliant wallpapers over on the BBC site - I wonder does the Camberwick Green stuff play a big part this series?

BBC Site Link

I've just got myself a BBC Ticking Clock screensaver

Really looking forward to this now!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Bum - I've just realised that it clashes with new CSI on Five. Mind you, if they keep on with the 'next' episode on BBC4 each week, then we shouldn't miss more than the first episode. Unless it gets a midweek BBC3 or 4 repeat?

Oh dear oh dear...

Give CSI a miss - it's always on! Or tape one of them!

LOM - Great stuff!

I love this mock-up - for the benefit of anyone who didn't buy it, it's from the current issue of Radio Times. Somewhat fortuitously, the dates are the same as from 1973, and on telly that Saturday would have been part 3 of Carnival of Monsters. Also on telly - a third season episode of The Goodies and a first season episode of Whatever Happened To The Liikely Lads? Toppermost of the poppermost that week was Blockbuster by The Sweet.

and priced only 5p...

but really looking forward to series 2 ...
    Last edited by Larry; 11th Feb 2007 at 8:17 PM.

Woo! Yay! Hoopla!
    Superb episode. The only thing stopping me watching next weeks on BBC 4 is that my contact lenses are making my vision fuzzy.
    We're all trapped in 1973 really!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I loved the way 1973 broke through at the beginning of the epsiode. It could only have been better of Look Around You hadn't done it first!

What a brilliantly entertaining, fun series this is!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yup, I was expecting the return of the early 70s globe at the start, given the way they'd been stylishly trailering it. Great stuff once again, with the hint of romance for Annie and Sam to look forward to, plus the mystery of who that was on the phone to Sam at the end, and what's this job? Or should that be Who with a capital W?!

I'm currently recording the BBC4 episode so I can watch it in a few day's time then revert to watching it live with the BBC4 episodes at 10, so I can watch the footie at 9 from next week - sorted!

Life on Mars is back again. The second series has started out where the first one left off qualitywise, both episodes being excellent. I have to say that I wondered how they were going to keep the modern day Sam theme going, and so far they've done really well, giving the whole thing a bit of a new twist.

I watched the second episode (with the first episode taped to watch later) and really enjoyed it - they seem to have managed to keep it just as good as it was. Favourite line tonight was the softly, softly exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    I was expecting the return of the early 70s globe at the start, given the way they'd been stylishly trailering it.
    We had a blue BBC Cymru globe, which I was quite surprised about, and it took me back I can tell you.
    I haven't seen all the episode yet, and wasn't able to record the BBC4 episode tonight as Viv had two other shows on the go on the Sky+. I'll soon catch up with it though.