Default Brand New Planet Skaro Competition!

Time for a brand new competition for all members of Planet Skaro to enter! The prize...

Free copies of the two brand new releases from Planet Skaro Audios, full-cast plays written by, produced and starring our members, complete with music and sound-effects! "Sting of the Time Bees" is an action adventure featuring the Ice Warriors, and sees the bittersweet farewell of the Doctor's companion Edward Bradley. "Once Upon A Time Lord" is the latest story, a fairytale romp in a land of Wolfs, evil Queens and magic!

To have a copy of each of the new plays sent to you, simply post to this thread with your guess of what happens immediately following the cliffhanger of "Once Upon A Time Lord" episode 1. If you need to listen to the episode, you can download it from the thread on this very forum - for those that have already, as a reminder, Ed's friend Buttercup has just been transformed into the evil Black Knight and has drawn his sword to strike Ed down! Will Ed escape? And if so, how?

Be as descriptive as you can, as the best and most complete explanation in the judges opinion will win. If two or more of you are deemed to have been equally correct, then the first one to post will nab the prize - though extra detail/accuracy will swing it above all else. So don't just guess what will happen, guess how as well!

Good luck! CD's will be available to everyone eventually, but this way you get the first copy and no need faffing about paying for postage or anything; the CD's will just be sent straight to your door the minute they pop off the production line! Above all, this will be a bit of fun - deadline will be 12am on Wednesday morning, 17th November, the day that Episode 2 of "Once Upon A Time Lord" will be released on-line, and you'll see how good your guesses were!

Good luck!

Si.

I shall politely disqualify myself.
    Bazinga !

Someone just predict he gets rescued by a rogue elephant. At the moment, you've won.

Si.

Can members of staff (i.e. me) enter the competition?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I think... the Wizard will pootle out of his hut at this very crucial moment, asking if his two visitors would like some tea (possibly with a slice of battenburg, and possibly with the old "one lump or two? Sugar?" routine) thus causing a distraction which makes Ed move and Buttercup miss.

Or... Ed will actually get his head chopped off in a grisly manner - but find to his surprise that, just like Little Red Riding Hood who gets gobbled down by a wolf on a regular basis, he's - not - dead!!!

Or (last attempt)... Ed will actually get his head chopped off in a grisly manner, and actually dies horrifically. The Doctor comes to his senses, but is so overcome with grief and guilt that the rest of the story, and indeed the rest of this season of PS audios, charts a grim and brutal descent into alcoholism, drug abuse, casual meaningless sex with complete strangers, in fact anything just to try and blot out the horrible hideous reality of his best friend having died so gruesomely and pointlessly because of him.

Any of those could be correct!

Yes staff can enter of course, as long as you haven't read the script!

Si.

Ed suddenly discovers that he can handle his sword expertly, despite never having learned how...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    charts a grim and brutal descent into alcoholism, drug abuse, casual meaningless sex with complete strangers...
    That does sum up Paul's early twenties quite well, and he did write the play, so I think you're in with a good chance there!

But if that's not right, I'm predicting that the Wizard will come along to save the day, and transform Buttercup in to a cow (Well, you do get quite a lot of them called that!) - much to Ed's shock and surprise.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I haven't read the script and Si Hart and Ashley C will attest that they haven't given away any of the plot to myself, so here's my guess:

Buttercup/TheBlackKnight gets distracted - possibly by Ed - the sword misses and get stuck in something - a log? and Ed runs off leaving Buttercup/TheBlackKnight trying to extract the sword
    Always have an Edge

The Wizard saves Ed by turning the Black Knight's sword in to a bunch of flowers...

OR

The Wizard distracts the Black Knight & Ed slips away...

OR

The Wizard reverses the spell & Buttercup resumes he previous form...

OR

Something interesting & funny happens to save Ed & I win 2 CD's.

I think we should limit it to one guess! Tim's listing every possible cliffhanger resolution there! Which one are you going for Tim?

Si.

Probably "The Wizard reverses the spell & Buttercup resumes he previous form...", although if 1 of those is right then I'm bound to have chosen the wrong one.

Still think it'll be the last one.

I win. I win. I win.

Okay,
    I probably don't win.

Who picked the Wizard to interrupt things?
    Always have an Edge

I think Tim's last suggestion was bang on the money!

Well done!

Si. :mobile

Thanks! I've never won anything on here before. Cool.

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking I'd just like to thank my Wife, Mum & Dad, my agents (Bodge'it, Leg'it & Scarper), my brothers & sister, my Dog, my Cats
    My computer for making all this possible
    Si for the competition & the judging, all the cast & crew of the play for all their hard work & efforts to make it....

....too much?