View Poll Results: What DVD Box Should Dino Ask For Christmas?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • TTOATL

0 0%
  • E-SPACE TRILOGY

1 8.33%
  • KAMELION TALES

0 0%
  • MYTHS AND LEGENDS

1 8.33%
  • DALEK WAR

0 0%
  • THE KEY TO TIME

5 41.67%
  • BENEATH THE SURFACE

0 0%
  • K-9 TALES

1 8.33%
  • DAVROS

2 16.67%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

2 16.67%

Default PLANET SKARO DECIDES!: Which DVD Box Set should Dino ask for Christmas?

The logical answer is "All of them" and I'll make that my New Year's Resolution to get them. But if I was going to choose between:

TOATL
    E-Space Trilogy
    Kamelion Tales
    Myths And Legends
    Dalek War
    The Key To Time
    Beneath The Surface
    K-9 Tales
    Davros
    Or another box I missed?

TOATL and Davros have joint preference anyway, but I'll be interested in what the collected minds of PS suggest.
    So I'll make a poll that thankfully will only run for 21 days! Plenty of time to canvass my support. At the bottom so to speak, I'd buy the K-9 box before Myths And Legends.

I know I'd like to go with the New Beginnings one.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I'd recommend the Key to Time - it's got some good documentaries on it, the stories are better than most of their reputations and the Tom and Mary commentaries are easily the best of the Baker era.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I reckons Davros would be your best bet. The only thing putting most of the world off was owning most of the DVDs in it already.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Like Mike, I have voted other and chosen the New Beginnings Boxset. Three wonderful stories, a quite frankly brilliant set of extras and a lovely box to boot.

If I was choosing one of the options given I;d go for The Key to Time. The second best boxset!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Not to mention, the KTT has the added benefit that you can settle any Christmas Day arguments (what to watch on TV, etc) by stating what YOU want to do and then rolling your eyes maniacally and saying, "There is no such thing as free will in this house, because I possess the Key to Time."

I'm prepared to concede that might be just me though...

I should try that.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

After going through all those pages I never noticed "New Beginnings" and yes, I agree, that's a strong set of stories. So if the extras are just as good...

I was in the Post Office queue away from a computer and I was thinking "I wonder if they'll all vote for KTT?"
    I know the first story of KTT takes place where it's snowing so that would make a good Christmas element.
    I think there is also a double nostalgia in those stories as I can remember "glimpses" of them as an infant at the time, and watching them on UK Gold (when it deserved to be called that) in the early '90's in the days of broken video...
    I only wish I had more people in the house to say what Andrew said though!

So I'm now leaning towards KTT but New Beginnings a suprise entry over TOATL, DAVROS.

I haven't voted in this poll, but thanks all for recommending

Although it's not on the list, actually I'd probably suggest The Black Guardian Trilogy - OK, Terminus isn't all that great, but you need something to doze off to after the Queen's Speech...

More seriously, the TOATL set is a great package and I really enjoyed it - but then, I like the story which probably helps! If you aren't going to enjoy the episodes then it's probably not a great idea. Whereas all the other boxsets have several stories in them, it probably isn't such a problem - I think I'd probably vote for the Davros set overall (unless you don't like Daleks!) as it has not only a range of stories and a range of Doctors, it also happens that some of the stories are amongst the best the show has ever done. IMHO of course.

I've voted Myths and Legends purely on the basis that you're asking for a Christmas present, i.e. you're not going to spend any money on it. Just in terms of stories alone, surely it has to be the worst box set ever? Perhaps it's redeemed by its extras but I wouldn't know as I'm not spending 30 quid on it!

I'd actually like that set, as there are two stories that I'm absurdly fond of, and the third is one that I'm pretty sure I've NEVER seen.

But I'm with you on the "not spending 30 quid on it" front Jonno!!

This morning I dreamt of getting a VHS tape of the Five Doctors but Sylvester McCoy was in it as well. There was a scene where he was being chased by a Cyberman and ran past the camera and the camera was fixed so all it showed was the Cybermans crotch! I don't remember McCoy being that small?
    Talk about a bad omen... woke up and found Father Christmas didn't give me a box! Despite asking for one. Bit gutted on that. And no Hendrix box either.
    This Christmas has been one of disappointment.
    Oh well, there's always the sales... And I went to my sisters to see my nephew and niece. It was lovely seeing them get all presents and despite accepting Christmas is really for the young... It would have been a bit better if I'd got a box...

Oh no! That's awful, Dino

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I don't think anyone suggested that you got no boxed set! Hope you have better luck in the sales, Dino.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!