Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I re listened to Echoes of the Protii yesterday. It was as enjoyable as I remembered, but it struck me how far the audios have come in a professional manner since then. Trying to get as many people as possible involved was the right thing to do, because at the time there was no certainty that the audios would continue in the way they have, and it was a real celebration of Planet Skaro as a whole. Looking back on it however, it's clear that the cameo appearances did detract from the story itself. Echoes wasn't initially written for audio, and there are a few places where that's apparent, especially when Rob is on his own, although writing an audio with a character on his own does sound a little odd at the best of times. Let's face it, the old saying that the fist sign of madness is talking to yourself doesn't seem as odd as all that when trying to listen to an audio with a solitary character in a scene. Considering that it was the first audio, it's amazing how good some of the performances are. You can tell it's made for fun, but there were and are some really talented voice actors on Planet Skaro.

I'm looking to go back over all the audios over the next few weeks, and will post up a few thoughts about them as I listen to them.

Echoes wasn't initially written for audio, and there are a few places where that's apparent, especially when Rob is on his own, although writing an audio with a character on his own does sound a little odd at the best of times. Let's face it, the old saying that the fist sign of madness is talking to yourself doesn't seem as odd as all that when trying to listen to an audio with a solitary character in a scene.
    Steve says that that's the kind of mad things Rob would do anyway!

Looking forward to reading what you think of the others Paul.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The Kalrexi Mutation - Doctor Thraxton is very camp!!

Hope you're enjoying it!

Si.

Doctor Thraxton is very camp!!
    "Will you come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly" Mwhahahahahahahahaha *cough*

I was told to play that role as camply as possible!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Listened to 'An Arm for an Arm' today and enjoyed every minute. Cybermen, not quite as we know them, but ultimatly with the same flaws. The relationship between the Doctor and Tom is becoming more complex. And I was quite struck by the differances between the present incarnation and the previous Doctor. But a corduroy tuxedo! The mind boggles! 8/10

Ah, an Arm for An Arm! The tuxedo was quite amazing... shame you couldn't see it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Ah, an Arm for An Arm! The tuxedo was quite amazing... shame you couldn't see it!
    Ah, but I can imagine it!