Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What PS CD/Story are you listening to?

We have 1 for the BF & BBC range so it's only right to have 1 for our range.

With thanks to Si (Hunt) I will soon be enjoying the delights of Sting of the Time Bees & Once Upon a Time Lord on shiney disc.

And on Christmas Eve I shall be listening to Christmas Gnomes & Christmas Spirits.

And maybe Chimes of Midnight if I have time.

And on Christmas Eve I shall be listening to Christmas Gnomes & Christmas Spirits.

And maybe Chimes of Midnight if I have time.
    Good to see you have your priorities in order Tim!

Glad you got the CDs, hope you enjoy them!

Si.

I listened to Christmas Spirits last week. I rather like it, despite all the problems we had making it.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It came out better than it probably had a right to! I really like the mood of it. Also at one time there was a resistance to relying on dialogue too much, but this was the point where we went the other way and embraced it. It's a proper play, full of lovely rowdy Victorian streets, tinkling shop bells and spoooooooky ghosts! I really like it. It's also the longest continuous episode we've ever done.

Doctor Who has yet to give us a proper Victorian ghost story Christmas epic in "real life", so I'm glad we provided one!

Si.

We (me, my neice and nephew) are listening to The Christmas Gnomes,. They're loving it!

Si xx

Who's their favourite character so far?

@Tim:
    Rudolph, obviously
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

They did like Rudolph, but Father Christmas was winning out.

They thought my voice for vera was very, very funny.

Si xx

I was wondering whether they liked Vera, but Father Christmas is a worthy winner.

I'm working my way through the PS audios. So far I've listened to Keepsake, Magical History Tour and Consequences.

Keepsake is an amusing piece. I particularly like the computer on the prison ship, who asks Rob and Ben to 'Please wipe your feet', and the litlle gem of a line when Rob reveals what his middle name nearly was. But it left me with one question; who is powerful enough to imprison the Celestial Toymaker?

Good question! I wrote that one, and I honestly can't remember. I think I had an idea that his race were generally quite well-behaved Immortal Beings, but there'd been one absolute monkey among them and that was the Toymaker, so they all got fed up of him and locked him up. I think the ship was a prison ship, so presumably they were ferrying him off to his Eternity Prison when the ship broke down.

Maybe we should revisit that in a future PS Audio play?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Maybe we should revisit that in a future PS Audio play?

Si.
    That's up to you, but only if you think you can write a story good enough.

I enjoyed Magical History Tour/Consequences as well. Shooting Cilla Black in a Soho alley! There's a lovely surreal image! .
    I guessed who Black Sam must be before he was revealed but the story hung together very well. If the rest are as good I think I'm going to enjoy listening to them!

I just listened to The Hand of Peace this morning.

The presence of the Mara was totally unexpected, and the usage of the monster was superb. Dave Taylor's increasingly frustrated and desperate newsreader was wonderful- and Paul's possessed performance was simply chilling.

"What is this stuff in my hair?"

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I really enjoyed the Hand of Peace for obvious reasons. It was fun trying to copy Janet Fielding's speech pattern from Snakedance and it was nice being slightly evil for a change.

The line you quoted was an addition which me and Martin added because the story ended quite bleakly and we wanted something a bit more light hearted.

And Junkyard, glad your enjoying the audios. Keep listening, they get much better! There's a particularly good Dalek one coming up soon

"Hand of Peace" is one of my favourites - I love Paul's incredibly sinister performance, he created a really creepy voice there, was quite unnerving during recording!

The line you quoted was an addition which me and Martin added because the story ended quite bleakly and we wanted something a bit more light hearted.
    "You miserable git, Doctor!"

Glad I freaked you out, Martin!

I really like The Hand of Peace too. Rather grim, but it has loads of great performances that give it that certain something. The confronatation between the Doctor and Ed in part 2 is really sparky and great to listen to.

Si xx

I loved doing the sound design for that one. The whole contemporary taxis/speeding cars/helicopters/crackling radios vibe. There's a lovely seen with Ed in a speeding car. "Someone's firing at us!". We'd never done anything like that before.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post

Bloody actors - completely ruining my metaphor on the ultimate pointlessness of life and the barren wasteland that is the human soul.

(I've been watching too much of Newsnight Review )
    Bazinga !

Bloody actors - completely ruining my metaphor on the ultimate pointlessness of life and the barren wasteland that is the human soul.
    Oh! So that's what it was all about then!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    And Junkyard, glad your enjoying the audios. Keep listening, they get much better! There's a particularly good Dalek one coming up soon
    I am! I've just finished listening to 'Christmas Gnomes'. And yes, the plan with the treacle and the sprouts is definatly the most insane plan any Doctor has ever come up with!

I'm not going to go through them all at one go; I'm alternating them with Big Finish and audios from some other amateur groups. I'll keep posting to let you know which one I'm up to.

Listened to Heart of the Haniad today. Loved that FIAT Miracle (so called because it's a miracle it gets into orbit?). But the Haniad itself was a nice piece of scifi. Did the author ever read Rainbow Mars by Larry Niven?

Hope you like Mr Ed Bradley, you'll be hearing some more of him in the future...

Si.

Whaaaaaaat?

Si xx

Hi Junkyard! Glad you enjoyed Heart of The Haniad. I was responsible for penning this one. I have read some Larry Niven (He's the Ringworld guy isn't he?) but not the one you mention. I may have to track it down.

Ed Bradley is a real star - we love him!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!