Thread: Hustle series 7

Default Hustle series 7

starts Friday Jan 7th -

I'm looking forward to it.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'm looking forward to it.

Si xx

me to - I've been over the last couple of months watching Hustle, right from the start I've just started on series 5 and I've got series 6 on pre-order which is due for release in the next couple of weeks.

That was a triumphant return. One of their best cons ever. I don't know how they make those plots work but I'm glad they do and that they keep finding new ones too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I don't know how they make those plots work but I'm glad they do Si xx

I think what's so great about these plots especially last nights when they conned 4 people at the same time is despite it being 7 series now you still don't see it coming and your always left wrong footed by the ending.

Good news and bad news for Hustle fans:
    The creator of BBC One con artist drama Hustle has said its newly commissioned eighth series will be the last.

But writer Tony Jordan did not rule out the possibility the show, which first aired in 2004, could be revived.

"Do you allow the show to fade away or... quit while you're ahead?" he told Broadcast magazine. "You want to go out like James Dean in a fast car."

A BBC spokesperson confirmed the next series of Hustle would be the last "with the current gang".

But the corporation said it was "in discussions" about the programme's "continued life".

The seventh series of Hustle, screened earlier this year, attracted an average audience of 6.3m viewers.

The show, which stars Adrian Lester and Robert Vaughn, is made for the BBC by independent production company Kudos.

Screenwriter Jordan acted as the lead storyliner on EastEnders for several years, and co-created time-travelling police drama Life on Mars

I like Hustle, but I think the last few series have gone downhill a bit.

The feel of the show now is that it's almost aimed at children, it comes across as being very simplistic. I suppose it's meant to be light-hearted fun but I personally think it's had its day.

I'd disagree with you there, Ant! It's all very well having lots of dour and realistic shows, but Hustle is simply an enjoyable watch. There are occasional issues, such as why aren't they getting the crap beaten out of them or why nobody uses bad language.

In fact, I thought the whole series was finished at the end of the last episode of Series 7when one of the characters did actually swear!

Since Adrian Lester came back, it's been as strong as ever. The new brother / sister duo are far stronger than Mark Warren and the Debenhams girl.

The Mondrian episode in series 1 is still my all time favourite one.

Since Adrian Lester came back, it's been as strong as ever. The new brother / sister duo are far stronger than Mark Warren and the Debenhams girl.
    I liked Marc Warren's character.

It's noticeable that they say it's the last with the current gang, which implies they could change the line up and bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I'd disagree with you there, Ant! It's all very well having lots of dour and realistic shows, but Hustle is simply an enjoyable watch. There are occasional issues, such as why aren't they getting the crap beaten out of them or why nobody uses bad language.

In fact, I thought the whole series was finished at the end of the last episode of Series 7when one of the characters did actually swear!
    Oh, I do still enjoy it, but I feel it's a bit light-weight now compared top the first few series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I actually preferred Marc Warren and Jaime Maurray, they were a bit more dynamic. HST, the present bro/sis are at least eye-candy for everyone...

have to agree with Ant, I've thoroughly enjoyed Hustle, but for some reason I can't put my finger on the last series although good just didn't do it for me and all seemed a bit flat. In some ways I think this is a sensible decision as when you have a series as good in quality as Hustle, you should always end it while you're still on top.

Ok, Ok, what I kinda meant was that Marc and Jaime were good, but I think the new team have proved to be just as good.