Default RIP Gerry Rafferty

STV reports :
    Baker Street singer Gerry Rafferty has died in hospital at the age of 63.

The songwriter was admitted to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in November 2010 with suspected liver failure.

Rafferty, who was born in Paisley in 1947, had received treatment for liver failure in the past.

He is best known for the 1978 song Baker Street but also had a huge hit in 1972 with Stuck in the Middle With You with his band Stealers Wheel.

The song was discovered by a new generation of fans in 1992 when Quentin Tarantino used it on the soundtrack to hit film Reservoir Dogs.

Early in his career Rafferty also worked with Billy Connolly in a band called The Humblebums.

In February 2009, solicitors for the singer released a statement which said he was "extremely well" and composing new songs at his home in Italy.

The statement was released after reports that friends had not heard from him since he "disappeared" six months before while being treated at a London hospital for liver failure.
    Baker Street was an anthem when i was little.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's an absolute classic song. Sad news.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Rafferty was a talent that had the acclamation and the record sales to prove it back in the late seventies. Baker Street is a classic, iconic song from the era and will never be forgotten. The album that spawned it, City To City, is one breathtaking album that fitted in and soared above its contemporary Punk or Disco albums. It's been a sad start to the year for deaths of one time popular artists, Pete Postlethwaite, Anne Francis, Rafferty and Japan bassist Mick Karne. All equally talented in their art, and all deserved of our praise. As long as their work survives they will not be forgotten.

RIP.

Anne Francis is dead? Damn - thats the rest of the Forbidden Planet cast decimated!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Anne Francis is dead? Damn - thats the rest of the Forbidden Planet cast decimated!
    Yes! Sadly she died on Sunday at 82 years of age. Mick Karn died the same day as Rafferty. Not been a good start to the year for pop culture has it!