Default Full Size Dalek and Other Strange Things Left at Hotels

One guest left without their life-size electronic Dalek, said the chain Gold dentures worth £6,500 are among the oddest items left behind by guests at a hotel chain.

Travelodge said the false teeth, found at its Bridgend hotel, rank alongside a life-size Dalek and an antique rocking horse also found in rooms in the UK.

Other items included a £50,000 diamond-encrusted Rolex watch and £10,000 in cash left in a dustbin.

"Our lost and found departments provide plenty of revelations," a spokesperson for the hotel said.

Also on the hotel chain's list of the most mysterious objects left behind during 2010 were keys to a Rolls-Royce Phantom car in Chester, Cheshire, a Hermes handbag worth £8,000 in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, and a 4ft (1.2m) tall yam (vegetable) in Cambridge.

A suitcase of royal memorabilia dating back to Victorian times was found at the hotel's Gatwick Airport branch and a Bengal kitten called Tiger at London Docklands.

The firm said it found over 20,000 books in its vacated hotel rooms, and said the books most commonly left behind were autobiographies of X Factor mogul Simon Cowell and TV presenters Ant and Dec.

In addition, in the last 12 months hotel staff had reunited 75,000 forgotten cuddly bears with their owners, said the chain.

Jon Hendry-Pickup, Travelodge operations director, said: "Our customers' left behinds demonstrate what a broad cross-section of people stay in our hotels.

"The 2010 left-behind inventory report also demonstrated that we are truly living in a digital world."

Mr Hendry-Pickup said there had been a huge rise in left-behind portable computer and communication devices and accessories.

From this month, all items left behind at its hotels that have not been claimed within three months will be donated to Cancer Research UK charity shops across the UK, said the chain.
    MOST COMMON ITEMS LEFT IN HOTEL ROOMS
    Mobile phones and accessories
    Electronic gadgets including sat-navs, e-readers and digital cameras
    Laptops and games consoles
    Teddy bears
    Books
    Clothing/toiletries
    Artificial limbs and false teeth
    Hen/stag night accessories
    Handbags, briefcases and suitcases
    Jewellery
    Source: Travelodge

So what have you left behind at hotels and have you had joy being reunited with them?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I once left a T-Shirt in Sydney when I toured round Austalia. The T-Shirt got sent on after me, so it had it's own little tour of Australia - we were eventually reunited at my last port of call.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    MOST COMMON ITEMS LEFT IN HOTEL ROOMS

Artificial limbs and false teeth
    ?

Si xx

maybe i'm being a bit dumb here but if you had an artificial leg wouldn't you sort of notice that you were not wearing it.

many years ago when my mum and dad went on holiday abroad (think it was the USA,) my dad did leave his money pouch in the hotel and when he contacted them the hotel very kindly sent it on to us.

And how could you possibly leave a Dalek behind? I'm sure that'd be obvious when you're checking the room before you go, wouldn't it?

Si xx

I very often leave hotel rooms with more than I went in with. FREE SHOWER GEL!!

I even check draws I know I've not used, in case I did a bit of sleep tidying.

Do you have a collection of Gideon Bibles then Tim?

Si xx

No, I some how forget to pick them up.