Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Me too, on both counts!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

They're filming in Trafalgar Square at this very moment apparently

I may take a wander that way at lunchtime!

Damn - I'm in Balham lunchtime. Slightly too far away :-(

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    I'm not in the least bit surprised by that. He was always going to be the most difficult to get back.
    I heard that Bill Hartnell was protesting a lot, too...

They have just finished filming. Was a good shoot with Matt Smith, Jenna Loiuse and the TARDIS. Photos to come soon.

New scene being filmed!

Well worth the lunchtime trip then.

Indeed. And I've discovered that the TARDIS DOES roll along on wheels!

Thanks for the heads up Si.

Well it can go anywhere!

Glad I was able to tip you off Paul. Look forward to seeing the photos

Warning! Possible spoilers. I saw one scene filmed and one possible publicity shot.
    The scene involved the Doctor running from the TARDIS in a strong wind and then standing to attention and saluting. There were a dozen UNIT(?) soldiers hanging around so presume ably the Doctor was saluting them or perhaps a helicopter, hence the wind. And that's all I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    They have just finished filming. Was a good shoot with Matt Smith, Jenna Loiuse and the TARDIS. Photos to come soon.
    Oh so Matt's finished filming that different film being filmed in America then?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

You can see some pictures here and here of the filming.

Looks like everyone's favourite Brig's. Daughter at the back of the soldiers.

Interesting pic's & video on the RT page.

Doctor Who stars Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy have again expressed doubts about whether they will feature at all in the 50th anniversary special.

Baker, McCoy and Eighth Doctor actor Paul McGann are currently in Australia, while an anniversary episode starring Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman and David Tennant is being shot in the UK.

The classic series actors were asked about the 50th anniversary special while appearing on Channel Nine in Australia, but both McCoy and Baker cautioned fans not to expect them to appear alongside Smith and Tennant.

"There actually making it now as we're here [in Australia], so the likelihood is [we're not in it]," Baker joked.

McCoy added: "All the fanbases all over the world believe [we should be involved], but not the producers [of Doctor Who]."

Former Sixth Doctor actor Baker went on admit that he understands why the older Doctors were not invited back for the anniversary.

"I look nothing like what I looked like originally, so the viewers would be very confused," Baker explained.

McCoy previously denied any involvement in the special while speaking to Digital Spy, revealing that he had not received any contact from the BBC.

"All of us want to do it, just for the fans - because that's what they want," McCoy explained. "But we've heard nothing - Tom Baker's heard nothing, Colin Baker, Peter Davison, Paul McGann... none of us have heard anything."

The BBC also told Digital Spy that Christopher Eccleston had chosen not to be involved in the special episode after "a couple" of meetings with showrunner Steven Moffat.

Doctor Who's golden anniversary will feature the return of Billie Piper to the role of Rose Tyler and Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart, daughter of the iconic Brigadier.

Classic shape-shifting villains the Zygons will also appear in the highly-anticipated episode.

Doctor Who continues on Saturday on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US with 'Cold War', written by Mark Gatiss.
    So no old Doctor Whos - even as a cameo! - It seems unlikely that this is an elaborate smokescreen. What does everyone think? Disappointed? Should there have been an announcement saying that they're not coming back?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I am disappointed. Maybe they are still planning something to reference the old Docs without the actors appearing in the prog. I sincerely hope they do something.

It could be lies. Also we clocked that all the Doctors were out in Oz together, so wondered how difficult it would be to shoot some cameos with them out there at the same time. It would keep it hidden from the snapping iPhones back in London!

Si.

I think what McCoy and Baker have said is probably the truth, but I secretly want it to be a carefully staged web of deceit.

Whilst the New Series shouldn't be harking back to 'the good old days' all the time, I would be truly disappointed and quite surprised if Moffat didn't include something more than just the return of DT and the 'other thing' already announced.

I'm still expecting them to voice their characters via the paintings that Matt Smith mentioned. They just haven't recorded yet.

It is a bit of a shame. How many of these guys will be around for the 60th Anniversary?

I wonder if they've recast the old Doctors Who!!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I can't see them doing this somehow, but there's nothing to say that they can't do a bit of filming when they get back.

Personally, I think this will all turn out to be a bit of a smokescreen. The actors may indeed not have been asked, or they may simply have been instructed to say nothing so that we can all be surprised when they actually appear on screen. I hope this is the case, anyway! The only other alternative is that they use existing footage from old episodes where they obviously look like they should...of course this would mean no on-screen meetings of classic and new series Doctors.

However, Moffat has always struck me as being a bit smug when it comes to the series and teasing the fans. I don't think for a single minute that he'll want to be remembered as the man who let down legions of fans worldwide...I think he'll be looking at this as his biggest opportunity yet in the series, and (hopefully) give us something to remember. I think we'll be slowly drip-fed information a little at a time, probably with a new series bias, but he'll be wanting to keep the big stories a secret for as long as possible. He'll be wanting at least one "Wow - I didn't see that coming!!!" moment for the night of broadcast...and probably have more than one planned in case of leaks! I'm certain he'll have some surprises up his sleeve...

Yes i think Moffat has plenty up his wizard's sleeve. Old footage will be very hard to integrate into the new HD film look of the series unless they have it on a monitor screen or a projection or something.