Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I would very much like to see a feature-length special with the Fourth Doctor and either Romana, the Fifth Doctor and Peri, the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn, the Seventh Doctor and Ace, the Eighth Doctor either on his own or with Charley, the Ninth Doctor and Rose, the Tenth Doctor and Donna, and the Eleventh Doctor with whoever's around at the time. I don't care what the story is, but those are the Doctor/companion teams I would like to see.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    I would very much like to see a feature-length special with the Fourth Doctor and either Romana, the Fifth Doctor and Peri, the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn, the Seventh Doctor and Ace, the Eighth Doctor either on his own or with Charley, the Ninth Doctor and Rose, the Tenth Doctor and Donna, and the Eleventh Doctor with whoever's around at the time. I don't care what the story is, but those are the Doctor/companion teams I would like to see.

you don't want much do you..

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    And Peri must be in a PVC outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    And Peri must be in a PVC outfit.
    oh no no no bikini must be a bikini..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    oh no no no bikini must be a bikini..
    cling film
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

OK guys, compromise, a PVC bikini with cling film patches in the centres.

Now why are we wasting any of the clothing budget over this...?

What about involving the descendents of the deceased Doctors?
    Jessica Carney, Tierney Troughton, Sean Pertwee etc.?

I love Harry's shopping list of Doctors & companions! Tweet them at Moffat!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The BBC are asking questions...

Appended to today's GFK AI survey is a extra bonus survey about Doctor Who. It reveals some of the BBCs thinking about plans...

Q: 2013 will be the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. For all of the programmes listed below please say how likely you are to watch.

A one off Doctor Who special on BBC One
    The making of the one off Doctor Who special on BBC Three
    A documentary on the science of Doctor Who with Professor Brian Cox on BBC Four
    The Doctor Who Proms concert from the Royal Albert Hall featuring music from the series

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I know I'm sounding ungrateful but from that... the one off special, the BBC Three "Making of", dental torture, the Proms concert, more dental torture, medieval torture, nuclear annihilation and then perhaps the thing with Brian Cox!

What about a dramatisation of the birth of Doctor Who on BBC Four? Or a very special edition of Have I Got Who's For You? Or a history of the fifty years leading up to the anniversary?

Option 3 seems very weird. Who cares about the science of Doctor Who, it's all fantasy anyway!!!

The Making of the anniversary documentary...? Yes, here we are, the fan gene showing through again, don't mean to sound ungrateful but... I think we can all guess how they choose the clips and interview the talking heads, ta muchly!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    The Making of the anniversary documentary...? Yes, here we are, the fan gene showing through again, don't mean to sound ungrateful but... I think we can all guess how they choose the clips and interview the talking heads, ta muchly!
    I think you got the wrong end of the stick! Perhaps a comma might have helped:

The making of the one off Doctor Who special, on BBC Three
    In other words: on BBC Three, a making of the Doctor Who Special (ie the anniversary story).

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    What about a dramatisation of the birth of Doctor Who on BBC Four?!!!

I've been saying that for a while now some thing similar to The Road to Coronation Street, wold be very welcolm.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick! Perhaps a comma might have helped:

In other words: on BBC Three, a making of the Doctor Who Special (ie the anniversary story).
    Probably did. Still not interested though.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the making of thing for the Doctor Who Special sounds awfully like, well... Doctor Who Confidential, no?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

...which we all thought they were cancelling...

Well... yes. I think they're merely sounding people out as to whether they should resurrect the show for a one-time special edition, given that it's the 50th birthday and all. Nothing more than that.

A making of...' telling the story of Doctor Who from 1963 to the present special would be nice, a making of...' about just the special, what's the point really? How is it going to be much different to the making of any previous story?
    It'd make a nice DVD extra but that's about it. Me watching it would completely depend on whether it clashed with any other programme on at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    A making of...' telling the story of Doctor Who from 1963 to the present special would be nice, a making of...' about just the special, what's the point really? How is it going to be much different to the making of any previous story?
    It'd make a nice DVD extra but that's about it. Me watching it would completely depend on whether it clashed with any other programme on at the time.
    I agree with this! I'd much rather see a special documentary celebrating all 50 years of the show, from Hartnell through to Smith - right up to and including whatever special they have planned for the 50th Anniversary.

A making of the 50th Anniversary Special just seems rather self-indulgent. I agree with Stuart, when he said that it would be the same old talking heads, gushing over how wonderful everything is, and how they've "never done anything like this before!" Yawn.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

And yet if you do have stars returning to the show for the 50th anniversary special, then a making of would be a good time to interview them all, maybe all of the Doctors together, while they're working together and produce something rather unique. It could encapsulate the past and the present together.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    And yet if you do have stars returning to the show for the 50th anniversary special, then a making of would be a good time to interview them all, maybe all of the Doctors together, while they're working together and produce something rather unique. It could encapsulate the past and the present together.
    That's assuming all the Doctors would be in it. All it says is a Doctor Who special for the anniversary!

I'm optimistic!

Option 3 seems very weird. Who cares about the science of Doctor Who, it's all fantasy anyway!!!
    Me. Very muchly. I think one of the things that most lets Who down since its return has been some of the shoddy science. I'd like to see something about the science, especially from Brian Cox.

I don't want a 'Dr Who Night' where D list celebrities trot out the 'watched daleks from behind the sofa' cliché, I don't particularly want a Dr Who proms thingy...

To be honest I'd be happy with a TV special episode, with a huge cliffhanger, and an announcement at the end for the 2014 cinematastic timewar movie.