Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

I'm not that bothered but I wish they could have a cameo each worse it gives all the Moffat haters on the Hive and other places a stick to beat him with

David Tennant introduces The Day of the Doctor...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

*Scrolls down quickly to avoid reading anything*

I think most of you have probably seen The Day of The Doctor by now. From my brief glances, it seems to be quite popular. However, the stills I've seen from it and rumours I've heard make very little sense! I'm sure there's some form of coherent plot they can manage in 90 minutes that includes past Doctors milling about in a wood and pointing their sonic screwdrivers at each other, Roundheads (?), Queen Elizabeth, Kate Lethbridge-Stewart, a Zygon doing very little apart from grinning, a giant grabber grabbing the TARDIS in Trafalgar Square, the Daleks leering at the camera and getting blown up by John Hurt, a Purple Crystal, Captain Jack maybe and Rose looking like she's been sleeping rough with strange glowing eyes.

But it won't be anything like as bizarre as the adventure I've got in my head from stringing that lot together!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

You'd better watch it soon Rob - and for once, yes, there really is a coherent plot behind all that.

I know what you mean, though - the version of The Five Doctors I'd conjured up from the trailers and the photos in RT was very different to the one I watched 30 years ago tomorrow!

Sorry, I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted on the other thread, Steve...I hope you haven't read any of my comments! I'll go back and add spoiler tags for a little while...

I really enjoyed this.

OK, it was the usual complex, highly convoluted storyline which I feel I need a PhD to understand, but it all seemed to make sense in the end, particularly with the whole Time War thing which ironically I’ve never really been interested in.

The three leads were all superb, and it was an interesting use of Billie Piper (who was also superb) in not actually playing Rose. And Tom was sublime, even for those few moments at the end. I liked the Zygons, too, and though you could argue as to why they were there, I liked the “You’re all going to be both Zygons and humans for the next five minutes” (or whatever it was) – that was a great idea! And thank goodness the Daleks were not really in it as a main story element either, otherwise it would no doubt have all been very ‘yawn, yawn’.

Overall a very good anniversary episode which didn’t disappoint – plenty of references to lots of the series’ history but without being weighed down by it.

Don't know where else to put this WARNING SPOILERS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...s-matt-2847509

Oh dear. I see the proverbial hitting the fan any day soon.

You think it's true Dirk? Edit hang on there's this

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/11...numbering.html

I hope it isn't.

Could someone tell me about this "extra regeneration" that Tennant is supposed to have had?
    His hand regen'd because the Doctor was still in his early stages of regeneration & his hand then regen'd of its own accord outside of the Doctor's body, so those can't be the "extra regen".

Who Nose!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well really that one should count. He got shot by a Dalek and was dying, and regenerated to mend himself. Just because he did some nonsense with a hand and ended up looking the same shouldn't really undo that fact.

After all, if that were the case every Time Lord could be immortal. All they have to do is chop off their hand within the first few hours of regenerating (or whatever it was), and then use that hand as a Get Out of Death Free card the next time.

Although I'm avoiding spoilers, I inadventantly saw something of this toot on Facebook - I can see that Hurt's appearance will have added 1 to the numbers, but I can't see the logic or sense or really, from a production point of view, any point in bumping it on again. I hope it's just a misunderstood inaccurate news report, because otherwise it sounds really pants.

Yay! I found the spoiler tags! Well I accidentally saw the newspaper report myself and... er... just a few more words to make it not show up on the What's New feed. This might do it. I just want to talk about how I felt about the report. Just a few more words to make sure. OK, spoilers from now in.

I do think it's a bit of a cheat. Plus, given the "No, Sir! 13 of them!" moment, how the hell are they going to pull that off? The way that was shot made it look like Capaldi was number 13.
    I'm not one of them, and I don't think anyone on this forum is, but I know a casual who keeps mentioning the regeneration limit. It might be a dropping off point for some.
    In my bones I feel it's a bit of a cheat, but I'll have to see how they do it.

Ah! Didn't take them long to damage the goodwill caused by the 50th, did it?

I can't believe people are upset about this! Do they think the show is going to get cancelled just because they've squeezed in a couple of extra Doctors?

I'm looking forward to finding out what's going to happen at Christmas and I'm just happy I'm going to be at home to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I can't believe people are upset about this!
    Don't believe you. You've met Doctor Who fans.

Are there any fans upset because the 50th Anniversary Special was too good and that the show might not be this good again?

There's a Twitter feed I follow called 'Why My Cat Is Sad', which features hundreds of pictures of a sad-looking cat and a brief description of the reasons for its misery. There should be a similar account for Doctor Who fans. 'Why The Doctor Who Fans Are Angry'.

I'll set it up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Are there any fans upset because the 50th Anniversary Special was too good and that the show might not be this good again?
    Some of us are wondering if the Christmas Special will be any good.

Does that count?
    Or is it standard for the Christmas Special to suck a bit?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Ahem, there's a thread for the Christmas special here: http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/forums...s-special-2013

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I hope it's just a misunderstood inaccurate news report, because otherwise it sounds really pants.
    I totally agree, Andrew. I'm not "upset" about this, I just think it's a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Well really that one should count. He got shot by a Dalek and was dying, and regenerated to mend himself. Just because he did some nonsense with a hand and ended up looking the same shouldn't really undo that fact.

After all, if that were the case every Time Lord could be immortal. All they have to do is chop off their hand within the first few hours of regenerating (or whatever it was), and then use that hand as a Get Out of Death Free card the next time.
    Just so Tim knows, it was in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End.

Thanks Stuart.

This is interesting.
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who...-deleted-scene

I can see why they cut it...editing error. Although it probably could be fixed.