View Poll Results: Favourite Season 8 Adventure?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terror of the Autons

6 31.58%
  • The Mind Of Evil

5 26.32%
  • The Claws of Axos

3 15.79%
  • Colony in Space

2 10.53%
  • The Daemons

3 15.79%

Default Favourite Season 8 Story?

Which is your favourite adventure of Season 8 and why?

Si.

It's not the best but it is my favourite. Colony in Space is one of those stories that just has so much in it that I adore - from Dent's bizarre hair to the big furry claw that the colonists believe is a smoking gun to the ugly leather waistcoat that guarantees the wearer will be killed - I love it all. I did at least one of the early 24 Things columns about Colony in Space and I stand by every word.

"How will THIS look to the Adjudicator?"
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I'll go for Colony too, mainly for the nostalgia factor. I know it's not the best but it gets off to a great start and is introduced by an excellent Radio Times feature, four pages and a cover, and all accompanied by some brilliant artwork by the late, great Frank Bellamy. Shame I only kept the feature in a scrapbook and not the whole magazine, that one fetches a few pounds these days.
    Colony may seem long and drawn out, but for a Pertwee it's a rare, early, foray into outer space, and refreshing after a couple of Earthbound stories, and despite a few duff performances there is a lot to enjoy in it.

It's a head scratcher but I'm tempted to for Axos Calling Earth.

No one else likes it but to me it's the epitome of it's era and rather an exciting run around.

I'm going to be a boring old 'obvious' person, and go for The Daemons. It has its faults, don't we all, but it also carries with it a nostalgia for dark, windy Friday evenings when I first saw it on BBC2. Maybe there is magic in the world after all!

I think I like Mind of Evil best (and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it in colour- fingers crosssed, eh) because it's a lovely cross between seasons 7 & 8. The Master is at his most suave and sophisticated in it and it's a very good story.

I'll discuss this more over the coming weeks as we talk about each story. That's something to look forward to isn't it?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

My favourite is The Dæmons. It was the first Doctor Who story I saw when it was repeated in 1992 and got me hooked on the programme. It's my overall favourite story too, never a dull moment.

Terror of The Autons for me, I reckon. A process of elimination, but I like Terror the best.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    It's a head scratcher but I'm tempted to for Axos Calling Earth.

No one else likes it but to me it's the epitome of it's era and rather an exciting run around.

well i've always liked Claws of Axos, and can't understand how any one could finfd fault with it.

I quite like it as well. Okay, the science is remeniscent of one of Jason's worst nightmares, but at least there's at least an attempt to tackle some sane issues among the fab design work.

It's a hard choice. I'd say Mind Of Evil for the moment, but I'll possibly change my mind over the coming weeks!

Got to be Terror. One of the earliest Who books I read, and those plastic daffodils and deadly sofas caused many a sleepless night whilst visiting relatives with a lot of rayon and bakerlite in the house.

Then I saw it on TV and realised it was more slapstick
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

"Colony in Space" for me. The action just never lets up. And the planet looks so vibrant and interesting. Dent is one of Doctor Who's all-time classic villains, and I for one was dissapointed that he didn't return to menace the Doctor again. It would have been quite feasible for IMC to turn their attentions away from excavating rocks and build a time machine instead, then they could have popped up in "Frontier In Space", "The Ark In Space" and all the other stories with "Space" in the title. And all the stories with "Colony" in the title, if there had been any more.

Si.

The Daemons for me, it's got plenty of atmosphere.
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'