Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Death to the Daleks is one of those stories I just love & is top of my list to get of those listed.
    Same here. I'm wondering if they'll give it the same treatment as Day of the Daleks.

It could be changing this year accroding to the classic DW twitter feed:

Yesterday: Crucial meeting with @CrocmanSnappy re challenging Pertwee restorations. Might be changes to 2011 as a result. More soon.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Let's hope it's positive. I don't mind waiting if it means better results.

Who's crocmansnappy?

Si.

I've looked up his Youtube channel, but it just seems to have rock music on it.

Si.

Like finding the remains of a Stone Sge man with a transistor radio.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It could be changing this year accroding to the classic DW twitter feed:

Si xx
    It looks like The Ambassadors of Death has been delayed due to ongoing restoration work according to http://twitter.com/classicdw/statuses/30239597128589313.

Good!

Yes, good!

The longer they can leave it, the better it'll be I reckons.

Si.

Yay! and Boo! all at once. Give us Nightmare of Eden instead!

Si xx

Ian Levine's yellow felt-tipped pen has run out...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I defy our critics to read something into that!

From the DW DVD twitter feed -

The Ace Box commissioned and in production
    I wonder what special features Ace's box will have?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    From the DW DVD twitter feed -

I wonder what special features Ace's box will have?

well you've only got 3 possible stories to go in it my bet is it would be Dragon Fire and the Happines Patrol as I reckon they will leave Greatest Show, untill the last year of releases.

I think it's Ace about the box. (sorry about pun) The ultimate Sylvester/Sophie box.
    I'm excited for more details of extras to be annouced. Any idea how long they get released after being Twittered?
    I agree it'll probably be two stories with "Greatest Show..." left off.
    The Ace Box... If that's out by October that's my 37th covered!

I'm going to be cynical and suggest it'll be two stories we don't have, and they'll chuck in one we have already bought with a new documentary attached to it. Just for fun, I predict a new take on "Ghost Light" just to irritate me.

Si.

I can't wait to slip my fingers into Ace's box.

[QUOTE=Si Hunt;254371it'll be two stories we don't have, and they'll chuck in one we have already bought with a new documentary attached to it. Just for fun, I predict a new take on "Ghost Light" just to irritate me.

Si.[/QUOTE]

See, I thought the same, but wondered if "Curse Of Fenric" was the stronger Ace storyline? Nnno... it's Ghost Light isn't it? I'm still reeling over their being an item called "Doctor Who The Ace Box" in the near future!
    If the future is stories you wouldn't necessarily buy being stuck into boxes with little connectionsm then the final phase of BBC DVDs will have some pretty good box sets to go out on!

I forgot about their recent box sets. In that case it'll probably be "Dragonfire", "The Happiness Patrol" and "The Sea Devils".

Si.

There's an update tp the original Tweet.Cclassicdw has posted "Ace Box = two Classic stories featuring the feisty companion. Titles to be released at a later date."

So Dragonfire and The Happuiness Patrol I'd say.

Si xx

That's my theory blown out the water!

Si.

Always a pleasure Si!

Si xx

With the 50th anniversary now 18 months away we're into the end game for the DVD releases (excepting any additional re-releases, special editions or miraculous discoveries)...

The First Doctor: The Reign Of Terror - to be released with animated episodes 4+5, currently expected for release in late 2012
    The First Doctor: Galaxy 4: Air Lock - recently recovered episode alongside The Underwater Menace to feature on a forthcoming release. Dan Hall told DWM: "There's one release that hasn't been announced yet which will provide a home for one of them. And there's a potential release that will provide a home for the other one as well. People aren't going to see them out on DVD in 2012, though. But they are on our schedule."
    The First Doctor: The Tenth Planet - missing episode four, current release status unannounced
    The Second Doctor: The Underwater Menace: Episode 2 - see Galaxy 4 above
    The Second Doctor: The Ice Warriors - missing episodes 2+3, current release status unannounced. Michael Troughton reported at GallifreyOne in February that he had recorded a commentary on the life of his father for the story
    The Third Doctor: The Ambassadors of Death - originally to be released with The Sunmakers, but delayed due to colour recovery issues for episodes 2-7. Current release status unannounced
    The Third Doctor: The Mind of Evil - originally mooted to be released with Terror of the Autons, but dropped due to colour recovery issues for episodes 1-6. In February Steve Roberts reported to Radio Free Skaro that episode one (which does not have a print containing the chromadot information used for the colour recovery process) will be colourised by Babelcolour, using motion-estimation techniques to aid the process
    The Fourth Doctor: Terror of the Zygons, currently expected for release in 2013
    The Fourth Doctor: Shada - existing footage to form part of the provisionally entitled Legacy Box Set alongside documentary More Than Thirty Years In The TARDIS

The end is in sight!

I imagine that at least two of these last releases will be released in October and November this year....

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Not many left now, are there?

Not many left at all.

However, Dan Hall has hinted that the range won't end there. Which makes me wonder whether there'll be more revisitations. Or further animations...

So, makes me wonder what could be in line for either treatment. Here are my thoughts...

Re-visitations:

The Aztecs
    Inferno
    The Claws of Axos
    The Green Death
    The Ark in Space
    The Visitation

Animations - in theory, any story with missing episodes is fair game. But, I think these are the most likely candidates:

The Crusade
    The Underwater Menace
    The Moonbase

Beyond that, we shall see

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Possibly also one or two of the season 26 releases from circa 2004, I think the 2003 release of Fenric was pretty extensive though we should be safe from that or Battlefield making another appearance.

Hopefully they'll keep them as single releases as I've found myself mainly buying the first two Revisitations boxsets for particular features on one of the three stories included (specifically The Seven Year Hitch and Come in Number Five).