Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's really only Fenric from S26 that might warrant revisiting, and only then if you wanted a traditional making of Documentary I'd guess. All the others have very good packages it'd be hard to beat with anything new added.

I think Ant has listed the ones most likely to happen and even then I wonder if there's much more that could be added to The Aztecs and Inferno, other than more remastering?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Inferno could definitely vastly benefit with the advances in RSC technology (as with Axos). But beyond that... yeah, I agree on both of those. Neither could benefit from anything more than remastering.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I have a hunch that the next animated story isn't on Ants list.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I have a hunch that the next animated story isn't on Ants list.

Si.
    Well, I think Ice Warriors and Tenth Planet are a given. I'm talking for beyond what we expect in the range

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

Is it Galaxy 4?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    The Moonbase
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    N

Animations - in theory, any story with missing episodes is fair game. But, I think these are the most likely candidates:

The Crusade
    The Underwater Menace
    The Moonbase

Beyond that, we shall see

you know if they animated the missing episodes for all 3 of those stories I reckon it would make a lovely box set.

According to a thread at Planet Mondas (http://www.planetmondas.com/forum/vi...hp?f=14&t=1797), Katy Manning has recorded a special feature for The Claws of Axos, implying there could be a new special edition. People have said they may stick it with The Mind of Evil to get back costs from recolouring it but I've also heard rumours of a fourth Revisitation set with The Aztecs, Axos and Vengeance on Varos (supposedly out 10 September). Who knows?

It's interesting that "The Krotons" is the last complete Troughton story they can release, yet it features Part ONE of a Frazer Hines interview on it.

Part two for an animated Ice Warriors?

Si.

Part Two resides in someone's private collection, on top of a pile of original Jamie's kilts.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm sure Michael Troughton confirmed that he'd recorded something for a feature for The Ice Warriors release.

Is is tonight that the Cardiff screening of the two recently discovered episodes is happening? I wonder if there'll be any news announced at that event?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Part Two resides in someone's private collection, on top of a pile of original Jamie's kilts.
    I thought they were Katy Manning's skirts -

OH! WHAT A GIVEAWAY!

Yes it was, and attendees have reported that they plan to release the episodes on itunes before the dvds. Totally unexpected, and a great way to have it both ways - they can take their time on a sexy dvd version and we can watch the itunes version a thousand times until then.

The ending to Air Lock has already been patched with other footage, and Menace has already been de-censored and VidFIREd, though they havent restored the audio yet.

Another today at Riverside mention then...

We were given very little in the way of definite news as apparently the confirmed titles of DVD releases up to March 2013 are being announced exclusively in the next DWM but what we were told.

Between January and November 23 2013 (when apparently a release Dan Hall is very pleased with is coming out) there will a new release pretty much every 3 weeks. Only release is a boxset (presumably meaning Legacy in January) whereas the others will all be single story releases. This will include 4 re-visited titles.
    No confirmation as yet with regard to The Underwater Menace but Airlock is currently still being restored and is expected to be released alongside another title next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post

Between January and November 23 2013 (when apparently a release Dan Hall is very pleased with is coming out) there will a new release pretty much every 3 weeks. Only [one] release is a boxset (presumably meaning Legacy in January) whereas the others will all be single story releases. This will include 4 re-visited titles.
    I suspect I should've phrased that as "This will include only 4 re-visited titles."
    It was also stated that at least 50% of next years DVDs will be previously un-released stories.

Expected new titles with dates to be confirmed for next year:

Legacy - Shada / More than Thirty Years
    Terror of the Zygons
    The Mind of Evil
    The Reign of Terror

An unconfirmed title (probably one of the below) which will also include Airlock restored to it's former glory (expected Summer 2013)

Speculated titles:

The Ice Warriors
    The Tenth Planet
    The Underwater Menace

At a push if we're very lucky:

The Crusades
    The Moonbase

Well, with that release schedule, we can safely assume that there will be 12 releases between January and mid-November next year. So what the heck are they?

Well, from what Richard's said above, 4 of them are going to be re-visitations. 6 of those have to be previously unreleased stories.

So, here's what I think, albeit not in order:

Re-visitations and other previously released stories:

1. Inferno
    2. The Aztecs (already hinted that it's being looked at)
    3. The Ark in Space (already hinted that it's being looked at)
    4. The Time Meddler (w/Airlock - widely speculated)
    5. The Underwater Menace (1 episode re-released from LiT - other surviving one plus two animated episodes would be new)
    6. The Moonbase (2 episodes re-released from LiT, other 2 animated)

Previously Unreleased:

1. The Reign of Terror
    2.The Tenth Planet (with animation)
    3. The Ice Warriors (with animation)
    4. The Mind of Evil
    5. Terror of the Zygons
    6. The Legacy Box-Set

If we're lucky, we may get The Crusades one day - but I think two partially missing Troughton stories from a season with no complete stories would be a more attractive and likely prospect for animation right now.

----

If that's true, I wonder if they'll try and dress up the "Airlock"/"Time Meddler" release by making out there is something new with "The Time Meddler" (I hope they have the decency to at least pretend they have buffed up the picture quality) or whether they will just admit that they are making everyone buy four episodes they already own again to get the new one rather than, for example, including it with "Reign" or "The Tenth Planet".

Si.

Well, I was just speculating... nothing for certain has come out of BBC Worldwide/Dan Hall. For all I know, they could be putting Airlock on Reign or Tenth Planet, and giving me a revisitation that I really think is needed (The Green Death).

----

Well the only revisitation so far confirmed is Inferno and looking at the suggestions for the other three that have emerged so far I gather there's at least one top secret one that no one seems to have cottoned on to yet.

I think "Ark" must be a shoe-in as I read recently about some kind of new picture transfer process that they developed a short way into the run, and it had been used on everything except "Ark".

Si.

Why would The Green Death want a reissue? It had a documentary didn't it?

I wonder if they re-issued last months DVD, if anyone would buy it again?

Si.

Why do the words "Dennis Brent would" come to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Why would The Green Death want a reissue? It had a documentary didn't it?
    Because the picture quality was bloody atrocious!

----