Default That man's winking at me!!!

Just been reminded of this. When Season 24 came out - I was already feeling a bit rubbed up the wrong way with the unceremonious dropping of Colin Baker.

Then came the first McCoy credits - and that damn wink!

I remember just being *so* infuriated by it. Cos it made it feel like such a Captain Zepp type kids program. Was everyone else unmoved by it?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

No, I find it friendly and a bit comforting.

Mind you, Peter grinned, Colin beamed, Sylvester winked. It's just a shame the series got cancelled before the inevitable title sequence with an Eighth Doctor/Thumbs Aloft starfield pose.

Si.

I like the wink!

It wasn't so much the wink as the "Dinkle dink" incidental music that went with that part of the title sequence.
    It was really tough going to a comprehensive school in the late 80's being a Doctor Who fan as even the people who would eventually embrace the culture and move in with other men thought McCoy was "A bit gay" for doing that wink!
    Still, can you imagine Eccleston being asked to wink? He'd probably nut the camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's just a shame the series got cancelled before the inevitable title sequence with an Eighth Doctor/Thumbs Aloft starfield pose.
    I don't know, it feels more Christopher Ecclestone 9th Doctor to me! "I'm fantastic!!!"

Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

...he's such a winker!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I didn't like the wink at the time, but I quite like it now.

I prefer the animated Colin Baker smile though - I remember reading in DWM some interview with Oliver Elmes which asked him why he had animated the
    7th Doctor's face where all the faces had been static photographs etc in the past?
    I was most annoyed thinking to myself "But Colin's face moved too, it just wasn't so noticable as Sylvester's" - I reckon it was probably a JNT thing that he thought of when Colin's title sequence was being made!

It's funny how annoyed I used to get over such trivial things really!!!!

"Dinkle dink"