View Poll Results: Which is the best monster in Season 8?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Nestenes

2 12.50%
  • The Keller Machine

1 6.25%
  • Axos (in all it's forms)

11 68.75%
  • Uxarieus High Priest

0 0%
  • Bok

2 12.50%

Default Best Monster of S8!

The Master dominates Season Eight like a black-suited colossus, but there are other monsters involved in the plot too! Evil beings who want to fulfill their own sinister ambitions. Let's have a look at some of them!

The Nestene Consciousness:
    Revealed to be a sort of silvery space spider. Or forget that and look at the gorgeous book cover version!

The Keller Machine:
    The coffee machine of doom. After reading the book, I always imagined a bulbous red demon with a giant mouth living at the heart of the machine.

Axos:
    Axos calling Earth... Axos calling Earth... send cookies...

This Thing:
    Argh! What is it?!

Bok:
    Named after a punch in an episode of Batman, this Gargoyle terrified UNIT troopers everywhere with it's explosive touch!

(You may wonder where Azal is, but I'm saving him for a thread on secondary villains! )

So what do you think of the monsters this season? Any cop? Or does the strength of Season Eight lie purely with the regulars?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Got to be The Axons. Especially so in their spaghetti monster guise- a design that still looks good today.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The Nestenes can have many forms of plastic, but they never pretended to come in peace like the Axons did. There's things wrong with "The Claws Of Axos" but they are of a dialogue and car against a blue screen nature.
    The Axons designs keep the story flying.

Bok. So much character in his scatty little movements, as well as just being bloody sinister.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Nestenes, has to be. Sounds like a christmas orange, looks like a Great Old One...well in the book.
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

I'd like to say the Nestenes, by dint of the concept of their being made of plastic and being able to turn up in so many forms. It's a close-run thing, as the final appearance of the wotnot at the end is a bit of a letdown, so I'll go for the Axons instead. Massive tenacles! (You did read correctly Missus!)

I like the way all the Axons are different- you've got the blobby one, the tentacle one, the half tentacle one. Well the three of them are all different.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Has to be the Axons doesn't it. Their plan, with the help of The Master, is insidious and devious, and, like The Nestenes before them, they/it takes many forms, proving a formidable enemy for The Doctor.

My favourite line from this story comes from The Master when he enters the TARDIS and finds exactly what The Doctor has been attempting to do during his exile, "Overweight, underpowered museum piece... Might as well try to fly a second hand gas stove." It's a cracker and makes me laugh every time I hear it.

The Axons for me as well. In their alien form they are simply one of the series classic monster designs, and even in their 'human' form they are rather eerie and creepy.

Technically, the Keller Machine is the most terrifying of the monsters here, especially after it gains the power to teleport. The thought that it could turn up at any time and kill you by making you face your worse fear is quite un-nerving. It's preceded by a weird and distinctive noise too, which adds to the effect and the fact that it's a faceless machine works in it's favour. The only problem is that the design of the actual machine isn't scary enough! It looks like an innocuous bit of kit, or an extravagant coffee perculator. If it was a scary, gothic-looking monstrosity with knobs and levers that moved by themselves, that might have worked better.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

well as it's my favourite story in season 8 i've got to vot for the axons..

I've voted for Bok. 'Chap with wings there five rounds rapid'
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'