Default Suicide bomber attacks Moscow Airport

Domodedovo blast: Explosion rocks Moscow's main airport

Moscow's Domodedovo airport - the busiest in the Russian capital - has been rocked by an explosion that has reportedly killed at least 23 people.

More than 100 more are thought to have been injured in the blast, which reports suggest may have been the work of a suicide bomber.

Russia's chief investigator said the explosion was the work of terrorists.

The airport is 40km (25 miles) south-east of the city centre, and is popular with foreign workers and tourists.

Emergency services are on the scene and tending to the wounded.

Early local reports suggested the blast hit the baggage reclaim area of the international arrivals hall.

A RIA Novosti news agency correspondent at the scene reported that a lot of smoke could be seen in the area, and there was a smell of burning.

The UK's Foreign Office said it was checking if any Britons were involved.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Just don't understand how people can interprete ANY religion as justifying something like this.

Si.

Although at the moment they don't seem to know that it was a suicide bomber, or terrorists. We'll have to see if any details come forward.

Horrible thing to happen
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Captain Tancredi Guest

I think Russia has its own problems with various separatist groups and extremists- must be particularly difficult for my colleague Tanya to watch as she's a Muscovite and must go through there a couple of times a year. Hope it doesn't sound too insensitive to say this, but Tanya's son Alex (who I once trained a couple of years back) lives in Moscow itself and it's a bit of relief that he's unlikely to have been anywhere near.