Default Nirvana Made Me Love Men

From the Uncut Website:
    Listening to The Doors, Wilco or even Nirvana will turn your children gay, according to an internet database created by Donnie Davies, a reformed homosexual who in his own words found a way to escape from being gay.

Davies believes that God hates homosexuals, and has compiled a list of music artists for Christian families to avoid, claiming that: One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music.

Examples of bands on Davies hit list included, surprisingly, 60s icons The Doors, country rockers Wilco and Nirvana. Not so surprisingly, the flamboyant pop of Scissor Sisters, Erasure and Queen also makes the cut. Sir Elton John gets a special mention as being really gay.

Rapper Jay-Z, Ravi Shankar and Lou Reeds Velvet Underground have also made Davies list, which can be seen in full on his website, www.lovegodsway.org.

Davies has also posted a list of safe bands that would have a better influence, and help you on the journey to normalcy. Like Cyndi Lauper, for instance
    Hurrah! How preposterous. Let's all turn to hymn 392, but not 278, because 278 is a gay hymn.

Is there any truth to this statement? I've bought music by most of the bands listed. What bands made you gay/straight? And what on Earth is the argument for Nirvana being a gay band?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Rubbish, Elton's music is as straight as anything!

Never mind the music, if Smash Hits hadn't published pictures of Jordan Knight's biceps, things might have been very different.

Si.

likewise, i'm somehow puzzled that Motorhead, Metallica and even the Red Hot Chili Peppers are gay!?!?

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Well some might consider metal bands to be somewhat homoerotic?

Si.

Last edited by Matthew T; 30th Jan 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    likewise, i'm somehow puzzled that Motorhead, Metallica and even the Red Hot Chili Peppers are gay!?!?
    I can see where people might link the leather gear and homoeroticism, but will someone please explain Ravi Shankar?!?!

Why is Morrisey questionable?
    Ah you can't beat a red neck preacher can you?

By rights I should be very gay by now.

Damon Albarn did it for me.

I see he didn't make the list though.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Apparantly Cyndi Lauper and Dresden Dolls are 'safe'.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

The guy looks like Har Mar Superstar.
    Last edited by buglass; 31st Jan 2007 at 6:55 PM.
    explodes

Captain Tancredi Guest

I've just been listening to Frank Sinatra singing Cole Porter's 'Anything Goes' and I'm anybody's.

Or so they would have you think.

I wonder if they like Liza and Kylie?

WhiteCrow Guest

Not quite this, but I was for a while a member of a very cult-ish Christian church where the leaders had a specially set up turntable which allowed them to listen to albums backwards to check them for "Satanic content". I have enough trouble understanding some lyrics when played forward, how the **** am I supposed to understand a hidden backward message?

I tried to say that maybe they were just being a bit obsessed, and they said they'd pray for me, with one actually trying to cast demons out of me. No really.

And people wonder why I've such a sarcastic mentality towards everything - people in any kind of authority doubly!!!
    Last edited by WhiteCrow; 5th Feb 2007 at 5:43 PM.