Default CD Track Names/Titles

When you use iTunes, there is access to a massive database of CD track names and titles so you can 'fill in' the track information for any CD you put into your computer.

But sometimes it doesn't find it. Is there an application where you can search the database (is it called CCDB?) for a particular title yourself (e.g by name or artist), then choose it and assign it to a CD?

Si.

I don't know about that, but there is a program called mp3tag that allows you to edit all that information manually.
    Last edited by Philipnet; 12th Nov 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Corrected link

Yes I have something like that. But it can get a bit wearing on the fingers, especially when we know all this information is stored on a database already, you just don't seem to be able to get a program which can manually search it.

Si.

I believe it works by recognising track length, so if it doesn't find a match it isn't on there.

I added 5,000+ singles to my itunes though, and it found all but about 5 of the most obscure!

So how come when you copy a CD it never recognises it? These days I buy lots of music digitally, and I then want to write it onto CD.

Si.

So is it the burned CDs you make from your purchased downloads that aren't recognised or the downloaded tracks themselves? If it's the burned CDs then maybe your burning software is adding a second or two of padding at the beginning or end of each track and this is what's preventing recognition of the track by the database.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Perhaps your right. But I still like my additional idea of a program that is able to search the database and manually assign an album to a CD. As long as the number of tracks was the same, I don't see why this isn't possible?

Si.

The CDDB Wiki entry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB - explains that the licence is quite restrictive so maybe that's why only a limited number of programs can use CDDB and why they only have a limited number of features. It also links to some other online databases which might do what you want (I can't check here - anything even vaguely downloady is blocked).
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.