View Poll Results: Did you download "Rose"?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I did and I was glad I did

2 11.11%
  • Yes I did but I regretted it

0 0%
  • No - I tried to find it but couldn't

1 5.56%
  • No - I didn't want to

15 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not like anyone needed therapy afterwards though is it - let's keep some perspective.

Si.

Well, with all due respect, you seem to be exaggerating the perspective yourself and then encouraging me to reduce your exaggeration. All I said was I am glad I got to see it for the first time without that intrusion, and therefore didn't get taken "out of the moment". I never said my world would have ended if I hadn't though.

I beg to differ - you made it out to be a big deal in your first post when you said it was the reason you were glad you watched the entire episode before its broadcast as a pirate copy! That was your point, that this three second sound malfunction made it worth deferring the entire experience of watching the first episode of Doctor Who for 15 years live!

But I don't particuarly think it's worth arguing with you about it, so that's all I have to say on the matter.

Si.

Just because it's the reason I'm glad I watched it doesn't mean that I'm saying it's a big deal, just that it is a positve that makes me prefer it that way.

If I say I'm glad I bought a twix from Spar rather than the coner shop because it cost 1p less, it doesn't mean I'm suggesting anyone who did the opposite would be scarred for life or that I think they need therapy.

And if you don't think it's worth arguing about then why are you arguing about it at all? Don't put all the blame on me just for arguing back and defending myself!

And rest...!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm still in rehab, to be honest.

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I just thought it was Wilson watching TV down in the basement.

Si xx
    I must admit, I thought it was part of the program too. I kind of had a feeling that something may have happened to Wilson from the 'vibe' of the scene; I guess I was expecting to see an upturned chair, a load of discarded crips and an unattended TV or radio, which is where the clapping sounds were coming from!

That sounds quite good; maybe they should have done that!

I think the whole episode of Parting of the Ways builds up to a sense of loss, and in much that same way Logopolis and Caves of Androzani feel like they're building up to a loss, it feels much like that.

The fact Rose looks into the Time vortex and saves the Doctor. Dramatically they were always going to have to add a consequence for that. [Otherwise you'd do it all the time vs every enemy]

Yeah, so I feel like it was always in the plan ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Meanwhile, in the "leaked version of Rose" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    No I didn't watch it. I didn't download it. I waited.

At the time I was really angry and upset that people couldn't wait. We'd waited 16 bloody years for the show to come back as a series, and here was a chance for us all to enjoy it together. But some people just couldn't wait.

I still don't understand why people wanted to download it. It still rankles a bit with me now. I know I caused some upset on PS at the time, because I was so disappointed that not everyone was going to wait for the show on TV.

I was probably being a bit silly, but that's the way I am.

Si xx

not at all I agree with everything you say - I certainly was aware that there was a pirate copy circulating but I didn't for one minute even think about wanting to see it. I can certainly understand why Si, was angry I felt the same way on the morning of when Parting of the Ways was due to be shown, I opened up The Sun, only to be confronted by a bloody big spoiler picture of the Dalek emperor.

If anyone is interested, the full version of the leaked version of Rose has been uploaded to Vimeo!

It'd be interesting to see that after all these years...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.