Default Do you wanna come with me?

The series one trailer is perhaps one of the most exciting things Doctor Who related ever. It was so right. And exciting! Doctor Who was back.

What do you think of the trailer six years on and what were your thoughts in the run up to the return of the show?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Can't disagree. Watched it recently when going through S1 again, and it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick up!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Can you believe I actually stopped watching after Aliens of London - was only about at the end I decided to catch up!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It's just a superb trailer - perfectly judged, very exciting, and I still get a tingle when I watch it.

The advertisement campaign for the return of Doctor Who was astounding. First there were the brief teaser trailers, with Rose and the Doctor in the over-lit TARDIS that were snuck in around 5.30pm during the week. I remember the times of the trailers being widely reported on the internet and people setting VHS videos to record them!

Better than that though were the posters. I was living in London at the time and they were everywhere. (Or at least, in Chiswick, Finchley and West Hampstead). And what great posters too! Billie and Chris looking awestruck and awesome outside the TARDIS, with that huge glowing landscape behind them!

We'd come a long way from the Dalek eating a Kit-Kat poster that was around only a few years earlier.

I have no idea if the poster campaign was nationwide though. Did anyone else see them?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

They certainly had a huge bill board poster in Peterborough. We were going to take a picture of it but never did. Wasn't there window posters in phone boxes in London as well or was that for the first new series Dvd?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The advertisement campaign for the return of Doctor Who was astounding. First there were the brief teaser trailers, with Rose and the Doctor in the over-lit TARDIS ?

wasn't the first actuall traier, just a very brief shot of the TARDIS, demeterializing ? - have to see it's been a very long time since i've seen the "wanna come with me" trailer, but I do remember how the more excited I got the more I saw it. As for it being the best as good as it was I'd still rate the trailer for series 2 as the best.