Default Favourite Companion Chronicles?

These are next on my radar. Does anyone recommend any to listen to, or indeed to avoid?

I've already availed myself of the lovely Lissa's choices, but I wondered what the rest of you thought (if indeed, anyone out there is getting them!)

Si.

I've never heard of any of them I'm afraid.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Depends what you are looking for from them,my main criteria is that they evoke the era in which they are set....

Transit of Venus read by William Russell,a historical tale and his voice is perfect

Find And Replace read by Katy Manning,I'm biased because I enjoy Paul Magrs work,but this is very moving,and arguably the best release of the range,not least due to Katy Manning

The Blue Tooth, and Shadow of the Past both read by Caroline John perfectly evocative of the era,the former being noticeable for being a Pertwee Cyberman story!

Stealers of Saiph read by Mary Tamm very much in the mould of an Agatha Christie whodunnit,there's nobody else in this but the style suits Tamm and her portrayal of Romana

The Beautiful People read by Lalla Ward is silly in the style of season 17 but great fun

Solitare read by India Fisher it's more of a 2 hander then a reading featuring the Celestial Toymaker as well,but it's very cleverly done

If you are a Troughton fan you will enjoy anything that Frazer Hines reads as well,similairly the Sara Kingdom trilogy gets a lot of praise

The only tale that really gets slated is Fear of the Daleks,but those I'v mentioned above are my personal favourites,hope this helps!

Thanks Stu. I'll definately add "Blue Tooth" and "Stealers of Saiph" to my list of ones to get. Some of them look really good.

On the other hand the Benny one and "Mother Russia" by Marc Platt look a bit dull.

Si.

The Forbidden Time comes recommended it makes good use of Frazer Hines in the guest role,and evokes the Troughton era perfectly...

Sentinels of the New Dawn is enjoyable to an extent but does get bogged down in the government conspiracy plotlines

Ferril's Folly is near perfect and a great outing for Mary Tamm,and is easily Season 16