Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And no question marks...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

There's nothing like an objective review and that was nothing like an objective review. You could smell the pom poms from here. "Ooh Ian - you're wonderful Ian can I please come to your house again Ian and watch your secret vanity projects Ian I promise I'll only say nice things about them Ian I'll never be lower than a cockroach Ian I love you Ian."
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I'm just really struggling to see the point of it. Or is it simply Mr Levine wanting to have something 2Entertain will never release, so that he can bitch about them some more?

I dread to think what the war of the Shadas will be like!

Two bits of the review really don't tally up.

I hasten to add, I have never seen the original Downtime so this new version was really fun for me to watch as every single scene was new from my perspective!
    and

How does the new footage affect the old footage? Brilliantly! Before, Downtime was a fan video like any other. Now, it looks like a proper Doctor Who story, featuring the return of Sylvester McCoy, Nicholas Courtney, Elisabeth Sladen and Deborah Watling.
    How does he know it was like a fan video like any other previously unless he had already seen it?

Has there any more word about this? Kind of getting fed up with continually seeing Ian Levine's name associated with projects that most of us will never properly get to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Has there any more word about this? Kind of getting fed up with continually seeing Ian Levine's name associated with projects that most of us will never properly get to see.
    Sylvester McCoy said something about it at Dragon*Con. Basically, it was a vanity project for Levine - unless lots of difficult legal stuff gets sorted out, it'll never get a release to the public.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Thanks for the info. This thread caught my attention as I'm planning to show the original version at a video evening with a Doctor Who spin-offs theme in a few weeks time. Although I'm trying to avoid the obvious choices like SJA and TW in favour of things people may not have seen recently.

Show them Daemos Rising if you're struggling to get rid of them at the end of the night

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Show them Zygon if you never want them to come back!

Si.

If you've got the means then there's plenty of recons and animated stuff on youtube you could rip and put on DVD.

And as for this....

It's like they were there together!

Si.

Doctor Who fans are very creative.

Suffice to say Daemos Rising and Zygon were already on my personal veto list. (even though I've still yet to face the horror of Drinkel's winkle) but I imagine some youtube stuff will make an appearance. The DVD version of the Bernice Summerfield animation Dead and Buried will be another contribution from me.

Wartime with John Levene gets the crowd all fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Wartime with John Levene gets the crowd all fired up.
    I might actually consider this one as it's another that I've not seen.
    I obviously wasn't firing on all cylinders last night as I described it as a video evening when it's actually going to be an afternoon session. I've promised that it'll be finished by 7pm as several of my friends and I are at a convention the next day. In any case it's not at my house so I won't be responsible for chucking people out.

Apparently... at a convention the other weekend, there was a screening of some Levine footage.

It included additional footage for 'Destiny of The Doctors', the 1990's PC game that featured Anthony Ainley as the Master. McCoy has been put in front of a camera to record lines that turn it into a full, half-hour adventure.