Default BF 150: Recorded Time and other Stories

News on this forthcoming anthology, the 150th Big Finish play! It's another collection of four one-part stories, using some writers who stood out from entries in the recent submission invitation.
    August 2011 sees the release of the 150th Doctor Who main range title, Recorded Time and Other Stories. This two-disc anthology stars Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant, and its four stories are written by writers new to the range…

"Three of the four Recorded Time stories made it to the final 12 of last year's Writers' Opportunity,” says script editor Alan Barnes. “The story that we picked to go into production – Rick Briggs' The Entropy Composition – won out because it fitted best with the stories we'd already commissioned for the Demons of Red Lodge anthology release. But it broke my heart to lose some of those final 12, so I was determined to give my personal favourites a second chance!

“They're a terrific mix of styles: Catherine Harvey's Recorded Time – the title track, if you like! – is a surreal excursion into the court of Henry VIII, with a decidedly tragic edge; Matt Fitton's A Most Excellent Match takes us into the world of Jane Austen (among others); and Philip Lawrence's Question Marks is a real-time thriller set in a stricken vessel... but to say more would spoil it!"

The only episode not by a new writer is Paradoxicide by Richard Dinnick, in which the Doctor and Peri investigate a message from the legendary planet Sendos.

Director Ken Bentley has assembled a lovely guest cast which includes Raquel Cassidy (Party Animals, Lead Balloon, Doctor Who: The Judgement of Isskar), Joan Walker (Doctor Who: The Magic Moustrap) and Paul Shearer (The Fast Show).

KEN BENTLEY~!
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Do you know him? He's done a few Big Finishes: "The Death Collectors", "Spider's Shadow", "The Darkening Eye", "Forty-Five","The Magic Mousetrap","Enemy of the Daleks" and "The Angel of Scutari"

Si.

Richard Dinnick!

Slightly smaller, I'll be interested to hear what he's come up with. Somehow. Without buying a BF CD. Or downloading it maybe. Or maybe we'll just have to.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

CATHERINE HARVEY!!!!

Sorry its just that she's a friend of mine. So yay for her.

I take it no one else listened to the BF podcast back when every mention of Ken Bentley's name got an excited shout of KEN BENTLEY~!

I think it comes from the time when lots of people assumed "Ken Bentley" was a made up name.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

According to Colin's and Nicola's twitterfeed they were recording some of these yesterday. Colin resisted having a doughnut but did have trifle. Just so you know.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Mmmm trifle.

Si.

That's like saying that he resisted the celery and, as a reward for being so good, ate a black forest chocolate gateaux.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Trifle is good though. I wouldn't resist it.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The lunch expenses at these things must be astronomical, especially when Colin is playing the Doctor.

Si.

Harsh.