Default BF 146: Heroes of Sontar

Nyssa, Tegan, Turlough and the Doctor meet the Sontarans in April's new adventure from Big Finish.

Is anyone getting this one?

Si.

I'm planning to get this one eventually and I'm avoiding any reviews or spoilers but I have heard a rumour that the Sontarans are based on characters from Dad's Army! Which will either be hilarious or terrible.

This is actually chronologically the next main range one I need to get so when I eventually re-subscribe it'll be starting here although I have had a couple of sneaks at later releases (specifically Recorded Time which I rather enjoyed).
    I'm quite happy making do with just the Tom stories at the moment though which have been amongst the best things Big Finish have done.

Well, I said it would be either hilarious or terrible. And I was wrong! The humour is there, but it never overshadows the plot. The plot itself is not very complex (I'd figured out what was going on by the start of part 3) but the dialogue is very good. Tegan has some great lines! The Sontarans are very thick, even for them, and the Doctor is two steps ahead of them all through. The real enemy is much more dangerous. 7/10, Worth a listen but not a classic.