Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bit small, and crap.
    Presumably the actual DVD will be the same size as the others, or else it won't fit in the player.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Here's a big, and still crap version:

We've been watching Part 2 and rather enjoyed the episode "Greeks Bearing Gifts" last night. My favourite scene is the one where Denby-Ashe smokes the cigarette after sex and declares "I'm used to being a rebound shag!". ICON!

Si.

I've been re-evaluating the series now its on DVD (with volume three due in the post today!), and I'm enjoying way more this time around. My least favourite is definitely 'Random Shoes' at the mo. More later when I've finished the series...
    I am out there... somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Frankham-Allen View Post
    I've been re-evaluating the series now its on DVD (with volume three due in the post today!), and I'm enjoying way more this time around. ...
    same with me first time round I found it really difficult to get into and apart from the odd episode was never able to feel excited by it so much so that even though I taped each episode I had no desire to want to watch it again.
    Perhaps this was more down to the fact I was watching it at 10pm at night and I was tired but I have since bought all 3 DVD's and 2nd time round am thoroughly enjoying the whole series. I would even say that I'd have to re-evaluate the original markings I gave on first viewing and rate Out of Time, as my favourite episode.

I've been watching Torchwood again recently, and despite enjoying it first time round, have now decided I really don't like it.

Pip Madeley Guest

@ Martin

It's not bad, but it's nothing great either. I've still not got round to watching the last three episodes. I just can't be bothered... I expect I will before 'Doctor Who: Utopia' airs, though.

I'm finding myself bizarrely nostalgic for watching Torchwood on a Sunday evening. It wasn't bad, in general.

Ooh, in-depth!

transvamp Guest

Torchwood never felt like must see television and none of it ever really stayed with me. Small Worlds was certainly its best story though.

To be quite honest a better 'adult' spin-off series would have been to televise Nicholas Briggs' Dalek Empire series. Now that would have been arresting viewing, probably would have got talked about academically for its loaded themes, it probably would have got huge ratings particularly with the roleplaying and Anime cults and would even have outclassed its parent show, to say nothing of outclassing a mediocre vulgar spin-off.

I guess Doctor Who is littered with stupid production decisions and missed oppurtunities.

The only one I liked was the episode with the 50's people.

I have no desire to watch any other episode again.

Make way for a naval officer!