Default Random favourites

At random, what are your favourite episodes of any series at all? What ones did you look forward to getting repeated as a kid? What ones do you find yourself watching repeatedly on video/dvd nowadays? Just any favourites, at random, from any genre...just whatever springs to mind.

For now, here's a few of mine...Star Trek; although I didn't know the episode titles at the time, I used to look forward most to The Corbomite Maneuver, The Doomsday Machine and The Menagerie; Randall & Hopkirk, it was the first episode when Marty got killed which was my favourite; The Professionals, I always wanted to see the episode where a gunman had a hospital under seige; Starsky & Hutch...I always liked the one where a couple were shot in a car which was identical to Starsky's.

There's loads more, but that's a start. What are your favourites?

I'm useless with episode titles usually, but if the following appear on a TV I'm usually drawn into watching them

Star Trek - the one where Kirk makes a mortar out of bamboo and powdered diamonds

The New Avengers - the one on the training ground with the poisoned darts

Blake's 7 - Gambit or Orbit (can't think why )

Randel & Hopkirk - the Ghost who broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - for the presence of one Nick Courtney and Roger Delgado

Mission Impossible - where they fool someone into hiding in a bunker as World War 3 has broken out

Columbo - with Leonard Nemoy as a heart surgeon

Red Dwarf - Gunmen (what else could it be)

Porridge - the one where Fletcher just wants to be left alone

The Good Life - the Christmas party one

I'll stop now before people start backing away nervously
    Bazinga !

The A-Team, when Mr T, finaly met his match and both he and his opponent knocked each other sencless.

Fawlty Towers - when they had the builders in + the German guests

Dad's Army - the German .U-boat crew

The Proffesionals when some one was trying to kill Cowley.
    Last edited by Larry; 31st Jan 2007 at 9:04 PM.

Wayne Guest

Loads of Star Trek eps really, But standouts would be: 'The Enemy Within', (Good Kirk/Evil Kirk) 'Charlie X', (Boy with dangerous powers) 'Balance of Terror' ('The Enemy Below' in space)
    Star Trek: TNG - The Best of Both Worlds, (Picard becomes a Borg) Chain of Command (David Warner plays a Cardassian - "They're are only FOUR lights!")
    Star Trek: DS9 - 'Trials & Tribbulations'. (Hommage to TOS)
    Rising Damp - Can't remember the titles, but the one with the 'Grey Lady' ghost. And the 'love wood' one.
    The Young Ones - The horror spoof with The Damned in it, & the University Challenge one with Motorhead in it.
    Porridge - The one about the stolen tin of pineapples. Porridge is a tough one though, 'coz they're all excellent.
    The Sweeney - The very last episode where Regan jacks it in.

I may think of more later!
    Last edited by Wayne; 2nd Feb 2007 at 10:52 AM.

I agree with Wayne's Next gen choice. I'd pick that one!

Randomly I like:

Blakes 7: Terminal
    The Avengers: Escape in Time
    Star Trek Animated Series: The Survivor
    One Foot In The Grave: The Beast in the Cage
    Crossroads: The Motel Fire episode.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I agree with Wayne's Next gen choice. I'd pick that one!
    Si xx
    Which one? I named two.

Both are good, but I'd say The Best of Both Worlds pt 1 is the single greatest Trek episode ever.

Si xx
    Last edited by SiHart; 2nd Feb 2007 at 1:26 PM.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Beavis & Butt-Head: probably either Spanish Fly (their plan to get girls to have sex with them goes terribly wrong) or Nose Bleed (Beavis' nose-bleed just won't stop, despite the efforts of his friend), or even Candy Sale (the boys sell school candy for very little profit)

Red Dwarf: Confidence and Paranoia - "I'm gonna eat you little chickie, I'm gonna eat you little chickie, I'm gonna eat you little chickie, cause I like little chicks... uh uh, too slow, chicken merango! Too slow for this cat!"

Bottom: Hole - the one on the ferris wheel... absolutely hilarious two hander from Rik and Ade, proof that they're one of the best comedy duos ever.

Family Guy: Screwed The Pooch probably, it's hilarious, especially when Brian loses control

'Allo 'Allo: perhaps All Aboard/The Geneva Express from series five - I love the fact everyone is on the same train, makes for funny viewing... a wonderful cast, each at the top of their game in these episodes...