Default Cowell Quits X-Factor - Markets In Turmoil!

Simon Cowell is apparently going to quit the X-Factor UK to do the X-Factor US. The job is now wide open for a new loud-mouthed self-important buffoon to trample over the dreams of young women like some King of The Daddy Pimps / attractive, intelligent and sensitive man to give positive and encouraging feedback to help empower people in their lives. (Delete as applicable).

The Evening Standard begs that someone, please, think of the advertisers:

Much speculation about how ITV will fare if, as is rumoured, Simon Cowell does not appear in its highest-rated show, X Factor, until the final as he focuses on the autumn launch of the US version.

Nomura's top media analyst Matthew Walker is upbeat, pointing out in a note today that when Cowell quit American Idol, audiences in the 18-49 age group fell by only 12% - better than feared - and revenues held up. The City is more concerned about the wider state of the TV advertising market. The talk is that a sharp drop in consumer confidence since March is hitting marketing budgets as brands look ahead to June and July.

Media buyers claim ITV ad revenue in May could be down 6%, which would be the first monthly fall in 18 months. ITV shares, trading today at 75.05p, have slipped more than 20% in the past six weeks over those worries. Walker's worst-case scenario is their falling to 65p - but he still rates the FTSE-100 firm a buy.
    Importantly:
    A spokesman for Cowell said: "No decision has been made."
    There's also talk that he might stay on as a 'Super-Judge', but it's not clear whether they're thinking 'European Court of Justice' or 'Judge Dredd'.

What do you think of Simon Cowell? Would you miss him if he left the X-Factor? Do you think these reports are rubbish? Do you care?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I don't care. He can do what he likes. He has no bearing on my life at all, except on threads like this one.
    If you want my opinion, such as it is, I suspect it's all a big made up fib anyway, and he'll announce after "overwhelming support" he's going to stay.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Just to say that for the last few months there's been a story every day in which either:

- Simon Cowell has quit the UK X-Factor
    - Simon Cowell is doing both the UK and US X-Factor, and ITV are paying for a private jet to ferry him accross the Atlantic and back every week
    - Cheryl Cole is joining the US X-Factor
    - Cheryl Cole is not joining the US X-Factor
    - Dannii and Lewis have quit the X-Factor
    - Dannii and Lewis are staying on the X-Factor
    - Simon Cowell is being replaced on the X-Factor by David Hassellhoff/Katy Perry/Nicole Scherzinger/J-Lo/Mavic Chen
    - Simon Cowell is going to die of a heart attack from exhaustion

I just wish they'd make a decision and put a stop to the endless speculation!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    - Simon Cowell is being replaced on the X-Factor by David Hassellhoff/Katy Perry/Nicole Scherzinger/J-Lo/Mavic Chen
    They're getting the villain from The Daleks' Master Plan to replace him?

Apparently so. Celation and Malpha are guest judges.

Si.

Nomura's top media analyst Matthew Walker is upbeat, pointing out in a note today...
    Was it a post-it?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild