Default Doctor Who on BBC 4 Extra (BBC 7 as was)

Looks like some of the Peter Davison Big Finish stories are to be aired on BBC Radio 4 extra:

Doctor Who – Cobwebs Ep 1/4
    Monday 16 May
    6.00-6.30pm BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA

Cobwebs takes listeners up to where Doctor Who left off in March 1983. The Doctor is on his fifth regeneration – the fair-haired, fresh-faced cricket lover. With him in the TARDIS is feisty Australian Tegan.

Tegan does not trust the latest addition to their party – snooty public schoolboy Turlough, who joined the TARDIS as the pawn of the Time Lord's sworn enemy, The Black Guardian.

In search of a cure for a sickness that has claimed six billion lives, scientist Nyssa – one-time companion of The Doctor – arrives at an abandoned, cobweb-covered facility on the toxic planet of Helheim. The TARDIS is drawn to the same location. Is this coincidence or is The Black Guardian behind the reunion? The answer lies with the Cractids ... in the cobwebs.

Written by Jonathan Morris, the cast includes Peter Davison as The Doctor, Janet Fielding as Tegan, Mark Strickson as Turlough and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa.

Producer/David Richardson for Big Finish

I see 'Cobwebs' is being followed by 'The Whispering Forest' which starts on Friday. I've never heard either of these stories so I've got my HDD recorder set...

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    I see 'Cobwebs' is being followed by 'The Whispering Forest' which starts on Friday. I've never heard either of these stories so I've got my HDD recorder set...
    And according to RT website, that'll be followed by The Cradle of The Snake - so that's all three parts of the trilogy.
    Bazinga !

Got to say I'm really enjoying Cobwebs... nice to hear this team back in action and it's quite an intriguing story so far.

I heard a few minutes of it last night, it sounded uh....

I guess I'd better shut up now.

Cobwebs was definitely the strongest of the three, and I don't think The Cradle of the Snake was as effective in it's use of the Mara as a certain Mara story slightly closer to home.

What I loved about all three was the perfect characterisation of the regulars, and the detail put into the settings and societies of all three stories. Manussa of the past was particularly well drawn.

Nick Briggs mentioned in a BF Podcast that the Klein trilogy would also be broadcast on BBC 4 Extra later this year...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

BBC 4 Extra begin repeating The Giant Robot audio book this evening http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rw1t1

According to next week's RT, Rad4 Extra will be broadcasting the Seventh Doctor - Klein trilogy from BF, starting with A Thousand Tiny Wings next Monday
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    According to next week's RT, Rad4 Extra will be broadcasting the Seventh Doctor - Klein trilogy from BF, starting with A Thousand Tiny Wings next Monday
    Yay! I've not heard ANY of these yet.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Oh typical- start these just as I go away. I'll probably miss the lot

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You might be able to record them on your Sky box?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Next week they're re-repeating the McGann-Lucie series 3 stories (Orbis etc.) at 6pm etc, but looks like they're missing out the ones with past monsters in yet again.
    Bazinga !

Starting next Monday, Radio 4 Extra appear to have series 1 on the BF spinoff Graceless (listed as Simon Guerrier - Graceless)
    Bazinga !

Starting next Monday, Radio 4 Extra appear to have series 1 on the BF spinoff Graceless (listed as Simon Guerrier - Graceless)
    Of course they waited till I'd bought both series to do this. That said ignore all the guff about it being completely divorced from the Doctor Who universe cos it is isn't (there are plenty of sneaky references to the Key2Time adventures, Zara's meeting with Ace in a companion chronicle, and Amy/Abby's time on Gallifrey without actually specifically saying the names) and it's a very enjoyable little series, almost worth listening to for one of the best original theme tunes Big Finish have come up with (which may have to get recycled sometime...!)

Also just to mention one of the Sarah Jane Adventures audio stories, The Thirteenth Stone by Justin Richards read entirely by Lis, was on over the weekend and is currently on listen again for the next 6 days. Worth listening for Lis' Clyde impersonation.

Not DW, but fans of Paul Magrs might not have spotted that BBC4 extra started a dramatisation of his 'Never the Bride' tonight at 6.30pm
    Bazinga !

I believe some repeats of the Target Audiobooks have been on again recently as well? Will try and check later.

Starting on Monday 7th Jan, Radio 4 Extra are airing the fourth McGann-Lucie series, starting with Death in Blackpool (don't know if its the whole series - only goes up to Friday in the new RT)
    Bazinga !

Great series, well worth a listen if you can catch it.

Starting on Monday 7th Jan, Radio 4 Extra are airing the fourth McGann-Lucie series, starting with Death in Blackpool (don't know if its the whole series - only goes up to Friday in the new RT)
    At next week's RT confirms that they are going right up to the end.
    Bazinga !

I'm recording them all - don't tell Big Finish. Well I haven't got time to listen to a story every evening. And besides, I've only just finished Storm Warning :-)

The new RT suggests Rad4 Extra are repeating this series, starting this Sunday
    Bazinga !