Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello everyone,, this is my first blog and would like to introduce myself. My name is Debz and I live in Merseyside and am 46 years old. Have been an fan of Dr Who since 1966 (I started watching when I was 2 and a bit). Patrick Troughton was my first Dr.
    I have never missed an episode, even if im on holiday, theres always a way to catch bbc1 if your determined enough. My partner thinks im obsessed but what the hell, keeps me off the streets haha. Have a large collection of hardbacks (I started to read from the library when I was at school). I have the box sets from Christopher Eccleston to present at the moment and enjoy re watching them frequently.
    Have noticed since Steven Moffat has taken over from Russel T Davies that this series has started out quite dark. Great for the older audience, but not so sure about the younger fans. My niece is only 7 and has been into Dr Who for about 3 years. She was quite scared to look at some scenes of the Silence (hanging upside down like bats in the orphanage) and couldnt look at the tv. I remember being a bit scared when I was a child watching, but found it fascinating and was totally enthralled. I hope the many questions raised recently do come to a head before the end of this years series as cliff hangers are brilliant but not if you drag them on.
    Loving Matt Smith as the Dr, very quirky and cheeky and boyish. River is very flirty and sexy and wonder when we will get to find out IF she is the Dr's wife, girlfriend or whatever this series. Rory is ok but a bit bland at the moment, bit of a spare peg, doesnt seem to be required for anything. I like Amy but am confused over the pregnancy bit.
    Hoping to go to some conventions this year, my nearest is Manchester and am hoping to pop along too the mini convention on july 3rd this year at Lass O Gowrie.
    Hello anyway to all you fellow Whovians

Hi Debz, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here, it's a great forum!

Hi Debz. Welcome to the forum.

Lol - yeah, my partner thinks I'm obsessed. But she was the one making be drive in circles around Eastbourne today chasing Sylvester McCoy like incompetent paparazzi!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Hi Debz,
    You'll fit in fine here
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Hi

Welcome to Planet Skaro!

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy PS!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Welcome to Planet Skaro!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Welcome, Debz!

Welcome Debz! We love all aspects of Doctor Who here at Planet Skaro, especially those with Jon Pertwee in.

Si.