Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry to dredge all this up again but as its come up whilst discussing the Big Finish audio series which was sadly left on a permanent cliffhanger I just thought I'd mention RTD's comments of how he had discussed ending the TV series with Lis Sladen had she ever chosen to leave.

I'm doing this from memory so if anyone with access to the relevant issue of DWM cares to make any corrections or additions please feel free.

Not long before he left for America RTD was sat with Lis and asked her to let him know if she ever wanted to stop as he said he had one last story in mind to write for her. At the end, after making sure all the kids were alright, she would've gone up, into the stars.

The new DWM reveals that Russell was planning to feature Ace in an episode of the SJA. He had it all planned out but not quite got as far as writing it or asking Sophie Aldred but there's no way she'd had said no. I think this would have been brilliant and what a shame it wasn't to be.

We've been mourning the loss of that story here too. It would have been, well, ACE!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It means a lot that they planned it at least and to be fair to Russell they gave the 80s fans "Time Crash" although that really should have been a full length episode.

I've just been reading about that, it would have been just so exciting wouldn't it!!

It does seem rather unfair to tease us with this possibility now that it can never happen. At least we'll always have A Charitable Earth