Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    There's a massive Who poster at Putney Bridge tube station advertising Classic Who on The Horror Channel. If I'd have realised in time I would have taken a photo!
    I'm really looking forward to the repeats. I know, it's stuff we've already seen. But it'll be good to see again. And on the Horror Channel no less! Yes, I watched both the Wonder Woman and New Adventures Of Wonder Woman repeats. I was almost going to make a thread after one episode that was a blatant Disco-cash in of what's the closest Disco-cash in Doctor Who's done?
    Destiny Of The Daleks?

"Spack off, Daleks - me and Davros are going to get on down, hmm? (Big grin)"

I've come to realise that Vicki really was very cute. I think that if I was a teenage boy in 1965 there would be only one reason I'd be tuning in to 'Doctor Who', and it wouldn't be for the Daleks.

(That was an extract from the thought processes of David Tudor, aged 38)

If you are still regretting the cancellation of "Doctor Who Confidential" or even "Totally Doctor Who", then feel better as they would of by law have had to include this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swbjXKtkyLA

"Tell them I'm DOCTOR WHO!" No seriously, that's the chorus!

EDIT: Actually, this is the fifth time I've re-listened to it. It's not bad!

Paul McGann is a Great Doctor AND a Great Scouser

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh eh, calm down eh? It's only McGann!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Paul McGann followed by Arthur Askey - what a very different ninth Doctor that would have given us!!

Let me check last week's paper to see who Scouse Doctor Incarnation 7 was!

Finally - The Doctor is a woman!

That ridiculous costume in the middle right picture - I bet there's a giant question mark on the back.

Totally off the subject (if there even is one!) I never realised Rudi Davies (who was in Grange Hill for a little while I believe) was Beryl Bainbridge's daughter

Well it's not like I'm complaining about Doctor Who being repeated on the Horror Channel, but for the moment it looks like the only Doctor being repeated is Jon Pertwee. The Three Doctors will follow The Sea Devils after The Daemons finishes. A few skips story wise, and then Planet Of The Daleks, The Green Death, Death To The Daleks and Planet Of The Spiders.
    And then no further information...

Yet another great Scouser. Never heard of him

LJ apparently got a letter from a young girl asking Can Leela please wear more clothes?.

It's a good starting point for a debate.

Surely it's a nit that Leela stuck to her animal skins, even after spending quite a bit of time with TomDoc?

Despite Leela wearing animal skins, I still feel the sexiest companions were in the Hartnell years.
    I wanted to bring this thread back to life by saying Susan is beautiful and of all the companions... Well you get the general idea of where I'm going with that!

It's not just you, I've, erm, always liked her as well.

Has anyone ever seen Selling Hitler? Is it any good? Peter Capaldi and Tom Baker appearing together, along with other past DW guest stars such as Roger Lloyd Pack, Richard Wilson, Jonathon Pryce and Alexei Sayle.

I only ask because I've just came across it, and I've never even heard of it before. Sounds pretty good, though

No I haven't but I know it's up on YouTube

I think I saw it at the time, and it was good.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Fantastic news from the Horror Channel:

Following the success of the Who On Horror season, that saw 30 classic Doctor Who stories broadcast on Horror Channel, BBC Worldwide and Horror Channel have agreed to an additional set of 17 re-mastered episodes, starting on Monday 13th October.

For the first time on UK television, Horror Channel viewers will be able to watch re-mastered episodes that were only released on DVD by BBC Worldwide last year. There will be more from the Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee eras with additional stories featuring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

The iconic adventures continue with the Doctor Who and The Silurians serial, starring Jon Pertwee as the Doctor and his roadster, Bessie. The series then leads into weekday double-bills in daytime and evening slots.

Available to watch from October are such stories as Inferno, Carnival of Monsters, The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment, The Sun Makers, and The Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

Alina Florea, Director of Programming for Horror Channel, said today: “It’s been great to be able to offer our regular fans the classic Doctor Who content, but it’s equally exciting to see Time Lord devotees flock to Horror Channel in greater number and take part in the various on and off air activities that resulted in a surge in viewership and social media interaction. With the newer batch of re-mastered episodes, there will be even more reasons for our viewers to tune in and stick around for more fright, thrill and shock.”

Who On Horror has attracted over 3.8 million people since its launch in April.*
    * BARB/Techedge
    http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/artic...?feature=10396

Although I think they meant remastered stories as opposed to episodes! As 17, Well 7+7 from the two Pertwee stories make 14, plus 4 from the Carnival Of Monsters make 18! It's not a problem, the channel is used to dealing with series with individual episodes. So it's a pretty easy mistake to make. But this time... REMASTERED!!

Not that The Sun Makers is a favourite story, but I had wondered why a clip from it has been used to advertise Who on HC's associate channels when they had'nt shown it yet. That seems to answer that.

And from the Horror Channel's Facebook page they will also be showing... The Two Doctors!

Am I a bad fan for getting more excited over what the remaining 9 of the already announced 8 stories they've bought than I am over the Missing Episodes saga?
    And... really sticking my neck out but... How amazing would it be if the Horror Channel got the rights for "The Enemy Of The World"?
    Yes, we've all got the DVDs and i-Tunes, but seeing as it hasn't been televised since the 60's.

Hey, you snooze you lose, BBC Two!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Am I a bad fan for getting more excited over what the remaining 9 of the already announced 8 stories they've bought than I am over the Missing Episodes saga?
    Well unless Marco Polo's turned up in the last ten minutes, since there's more happening on the repeat front...

And the latest news from the Horror Channel's Twitter is...

"It's the end...but the moment has been prepared for" Doctor Who: Logopolis coming soon to the Horror Channel. ‪#‎WhoOnHorror‬

Later today I'll be off to my local branch of Space Halfords.

Failing that, I'll try my local branch of Ordinary Halfords.

Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Wacky Things Fans Say #10,000:

Elsewhere, the Master has been accused of being a pedophile for kidnapping Adric and tying him up in the web in Castrovalva.

1. Adric is a teenager, not a child.

2. the Master has never shown any interest in children or teenagers that go beyond actual use to him (such as Adric's maths ability).