Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I've just watched the first part of "Dimensions In Time" on You Tube.
    I tried to watch the second part (Both files on one video) but... I can't!!!
    I remember it at the time but I'd forgotten how bad it got. The first part was quite watchable. It just tailed off and I couldn't take it any more.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Matt Smith’s Doctor Who marriage proposal in front of Tardis

Dressed in his full Doctor Who costume and stood in front of the Tardis parked in London, romantic Matt Smith proposed to his girlfriend.

Weeks of planning went into the marriage proposal, which took place as the as the couple were surrounded by villains from the Time Lord’s travels.

But this was not Matt Smith the actor who was getting down on bended knee.

It was 22-year-old namesake Matt Smith from Rochford in Essex who worked with BBC Worldwide to set up his marriage offer, which was accepted, at the Doctor Who Experience attraction in Kensington Olympia Two.

Mr Smith surprised his new fiancee, avid Who fan Stacie-Anne Dilkes, who thought she was heading to London for a shopping trip. He thought it would be the perfect location and slipped away from his partner to pop on the uniform of the 11th Doctor.

The happy couple were even sent a personal message from the screen Matt Smith, who has played the Doctor for two series.

He joked that becoming a Smith will have its downside for 23-year-old Ms Dilkes.

“Firstly, being a Smith means phone calls to the bank take so much longer - there are so many Smiths,” the actor said.

“But I bet none of them have proposed at the Doctor Who Experience. Amy and Rory would be proud.

“Next, babies in the Tardis? Congratulations to you both and many years of happiness.”

The exhibition is in its final few weeks of a year-long London run after welcoming more than 200,000 visitors to view items from half a century of the BBC show.
    Cute pictures at 'Quirky' London. Basically, they look quite sweet although that jacket is far too large for him.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Smith is a nicer name than Dilkes so she's probably glad to be rid of it.

Si.

"Stacie Ann Dilkes."

"Does she?"

"Stacie Ann Dilkes"

"And Who?!"
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Had to unfollow 'CultBox' today on Twitter. Their Tweets only consisted of Doctor Who spoilers. I find this very irritating and I hardly follow any 'Doctor Who' people on Twitter, because I know what they're like. Even Stephen Moffat can't resist putting spoilers up!

This opens up the whole question of what constitutes a 'spoiler' and what's simply promotional, doesn't it? The revelation that the Doctor gets shot ten minutes into The Impossible Astronaut was considered a spoiler by some, but if it happens in the first few minutes, and the rest of the episode is about how you deal with its consequences, then it's considered fair game as part of the promotion of the show. Certain information has to be out in the world, otherwise nobody would watch at all! And casting is certainly not spoilerific (unless it's deliberately kept a secret from even the Radio Times...); the news that a certain person is going to be in the forthcoming Episode Five is not only what everyone expected anyway, but it's also going to be extremely common knowledge before Episode Five gets to broadcast.

The thing I don't like having spoiled is story beats and resolutions. I can deal with knowing certain characters and monsters are going to be appearing (knowing there would be a werewolf in Tooth and Claw didn't spoil that story any more than knowing Sarah Jane was going to be in the very next episode spoiled School Reunion), but I'd rather not know how or why, necessarily.

I just don't like having these things pop up in my Twitter feed!

My personal preference is to know little to nothing about the new series, hence I avoid the 'What We Know' threads and news pages on the run up to the new series. Yeah, it might be a fairly innocuous fact, but I still don't want to know it.

Most people seem happy to hoover up all kinds of information and that's fine, but that's not what I want. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to know that the Doctor and whichever companions are back in it, plus who the writers are - that's about the level of info I'd like to have.

From a Twitter point of view, I'd rather have a Tweet saying 'Exciting Doctor Who news!' and then a link to their news page, rather than have it put right up in front of me. Of course, I know that this will never happen! Still, that's just me really.

Oh, I completely understand! (And what's more, I completely agree about the news feeds too - and it's something I try and be as sensitive about myself as I can be when it comes to tweets and status updates on Facebook). And furthermore, I would myself also rather like to stay that spoiler free in the run-up to a series (especially after my experiences in 2009) ... but people are always telling me things and asking me about things and expecting me to know about things, so it rarely ever works that way!

The production team decide what's a "spoiler" or not. Some things improve your enjoyment and anticipation of the show. If we knew NOTHING, we'd possibly not be that excited about each new episode.

So I say trust the show's makers, and allow yourself to know certain things, but don't have Doctor Who News Pages on twitter! Especially not Doctor Who On-Line, as he's a Moffat arse-licking wretch who never shuts up!

Si.

I think that what the production team put up on the internet is fine. I still don't want to see it, so that's why I don't follow them!

On another note, what Wirrn stories should BF do now?

A big Wirrn story called: 'Wirrn Trouble'?
    A team up with the Foamasi called: 'Wirrn - The Money'?

A spiritual story, inspired by an obscure Beatles b-side - Wirrn-er Light.

"Ever heard the phrase, time standing still?"

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    The production team decide what's a "spoiler" or not. Some things improve your enjoyment and anticipation of the show. If we knew NOTHING, we'd possibly not be that excited about each new episode.

So I say trust the show's makers, and allow yourself to know certain things, but don't have Doctor Who News Pages on twitter! Especially not Doctor Who On-Line, as he's a Moffat arse-licking wretch who never shuts up!

Si.
    Have you seen DWO's latest venture? Prologues and epilogues to all the entire series' stories, written by anybody who'd care to have a go. He's tweeted all the new series writers he could find asking them if they'd like to do one, and has posted his progress so far in a special area of the site.

That special area of the site now has every story ever televised listed, with icons to click to read the prologues and epilogues for each story, which become opaque when there's something uploaded to read.

And so far...?

One story has a prologue/epilogue written and posted for it. That story? The one that doubtless most people would like the kudos of having written the prologue/epilogue for, An Unearthly Child. And the author...?

The guy who runs DWO.

Yes, he's only gone and given himself the best job. Quelle surprise!

If, like me, you're not terribly keen on the Doctor Who Lego 'Mini-Figures' then you'll be thoroughly appalled by what this chap has done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaminoan/

First a venerable Time Lord faces inquisition in the much awaited return of Doctor Who.

Nicola Bryant ‏ @thenicolabryant

Doctor Who Confessions Time: JNT wanted me to do an ad for Perrier. He was setting it up when Perrier had a bit of a scandal. Peri eh?

i found a stream of " planet of fire" on dailymotion

I see Tim disappearing off to watch certain parts of the first episode as we speak! (I don't blame him!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I see Tim disappearing off to watch certain parts of the first episode as we speak! (I don't blame him!)
    Tim's actually never seen the end of the story; he never seems to get past that opening episode!

Many people have never got past the opening episode - though that's not necessarily because of Peri's boobs!

Many people have never got past the opening episode - though that's not necessarily because of Peri's boobs!
    I thought she got most of her lines spot-on?

@the turn of this thread.

It's doube trouble for Doctor Who.