I've just discovered that Peter Egan is married to Lady Adrasta.

You'll be telling us next that Romana and Sara Kingdom used to be married to the Doctor!

Let's not get carried away there!!

Kari from 'Terminus' was married to The Doctor, too!

Let's not say anything about him marrying his own daughter, though...

And then there was the awkward business of Liz Shaw marrying the Master.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think Richard Hurndall got a bad deal. It wasn't his fault that Hartnell was dead and having a real life actor play the first Doctor was better than the CGI and archival recordings we got for the 50th.

A heart attack took him from us just five months after the first broadcast of The Five Doctors, so he never got the chance to tour the convention circut, never got the chance to let fans get to know him and never got the chance to defend himself from the rabid fanboys who were orgasming over the corpse of Hartnell.

Lots of people need armies to protect themselves from the worse end of fandom.

I wonder what Mr. Hartnell would've made of fandom as a whole?

Makes me wonder if Hartnell would have left the actual show if DWAS (which amazingly I've never joined but am aware of) had been set up after the first series.
    Would any of the actors and actresses have left if such a thing was then?
    But then... if it was, and the cast from 1963 knew of the money they could make from the convention circuit... would they have stayed on forever and killed off the idea of regeneration so we get the fanbase, but only 4 series worth of stories?

OK, if they do eventually get the idea of regeneration and replace the lead actor (In 1968) and the fanbase gathering exercise was up and running, can you imagine Barry Letts with "89% OF FANS AGREE- WE WANT A NEW DOCTOR WHO PRODUCER!" fanzine headlines?

I think they'd have found it hard to have a convention circuit before 1969, given the time the series was on telly then. Mind you, if half the things we've heard about Billy are true, you keep him away from it! What would have been his version of the eyepatch story I wonder?

And had he lived longer I'm sure he would have had views of Ian Levine! "Almost as much of a menace in the eighties as that Capaldi boy in the seventies!"

Ian obviously fancied Barbara rotten, but he waited until their last episode together before he put his hand down her pants.

To coin a phrase..."Oh My!"

Gallifrey. Rassilon Era.

(THETA SIGMA brings out a box full of doughnuts)

KOSCHEI: Those are very fattening, Thete!

THETA SIGMA: No! I can eat as many doughnuts as I want... and I don't put on weight!

KOSCHEI:...have one!

(KOSCHEI squashes a doughnut into THETA SIGMA's face)

It's amazing the satisfaction you get when a half-remembered vague childhood memory is confirmed, isn't it? For a long time, I've had a feeling that my earliest Doctor Who memory was from a Troughton story...a scene with the Doctor and Jamie trying to hold a door shut with something very strong on the other side trying to force it open. And I had a sneaky feeling it was a Yeti on the other side trying to get in, although I had absolutely no idea why I thought that. So naturally I had been hoping for something to ring a bell with the return of Web Of Fear.

I've only just got around to watching the serial, at the rate of a couple of episodes each week, and tonight sat down to Episode 5. And totally unexpected, some 9 or 10 minutes into the episode, there it was. THE DOOR! I don't know how many times I rewound and played those few seconds...fair enough, my memory had cheated because it wasn't the Doctor who was holding the door along with Jamie, but the Brig...and it wasn't actually a Yeti on the other side...but I knew instantly, that was IT. You know how you get those goosepimples when something really just clicks...so finally I've confirmed my earliest Doctor Who memory. Not only that, but it's probably my earliest confirmed tv memory - easily beating my disappointment at Play School not being on because of the moon landings!

My memory obviously wasn't too bad considering how long ago it was, and the fact I wouldn't even have been 3 years old at the time!

Just remembering my name's an achievement...

A friend of ours (actually a good friend of my sister and brother-in-law) works at Chelsea police station and apparently has a key to the Police Box at Earls Court station...

I wonder if he keeps it in a shoe under his pillow?

Can we borrow it?

Please?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Only during alien invasions!

Despite the dodgy monsters, iffy acting and unconvincing effects we often saw in the classic series, I think the Doctor and Rose's 'Who ya gonna call?/Ghostbusters!' exchange from 'Army of Ghosts' might just be the most self-consciously cringe-worthy moment in all of 'Doctor Who'. Ever.

Every episode of the New Series put into a new fangled graph

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0436992

Every episode from the very first episode into a new fangled graph that I've probably misunderstood how it actually works

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0056751

Those are actually very interesting. Showing that the original run has seasons 12,13 & 14 consistently above average (as I'd expect) as was series 4 of the new series.

Cheers.

I also love that at 7.8 the last episode of Survival got the same as two episodes from first Dalek serial!
    I'd heard The Web Planet caused a switch off, but seeing how low it is to An Unearthly Child took my breath away!

Apparently one of the cars hit by that Lamborghini Aventador in London the other day belongs to Dominic Glynn.

I know the 'Trial' version of the theme was pretty poor, but that's a bit extreme...

Surely that very interesting graph isn't showing actual ratings is it? As well as being pretty sure that The Web Planet got high ratings, I'm almost certain that, for example, Remembrance of the Daleks part 2 didn't get anywhere near 8.4 million viewers.

And Battlefield part 1... didn't it famously get less than 4 million? 7.4 is the figure on this graph. I mean it looks pretty and all, but it's definitely not viewing figures...

We all love John Pertwee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a massive Who poster at Putney Bridge tube station advertising Classic Who on The Horror Channel. If I'd have realised in time I would have taken a photo!