Default Torchwood Web Spin Off

I thought I'd give this piece of news it's own thread, as I'm not sure exactly how it'll be linked to Miracle Day - but it sounds quite exciting. Apparently a web spin-off series is to accompany the new season, and it seems like they're taking it pretty seriously as the all rather lovely Eliza Dushku has been cast in it.

Here's the Digital Spy report:

Torchwood writer Jane Espenson has confirmed that a new online spinoff from the sci-fi drama is in the works. She revealed on Twitter that Torchwood: Web of Lies will accompany new ten-part series Torchwood: Miracle Day when it airs in July.

"There is going to be Torchwood web content," she wrote. "So in addition to [the television series] there is Torchwood: Web of Lies. Enjoy all the [Torchwood] brands!"

In subsequent posts, Espenson also hinted heavily that actress Eliza Dushku will star in the online series. "We have faith in Torchwood: Web of Lies," she said. "It's tru; there's an echo of my past work in [this spinoff]."

Dushku previously played the character of Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also starred as Tru Davies in Fox's Tru Calling and portrayed Echo in sci-fi drama Dollhouse. Espenson worked as a writer and producer on all three series.
    As a man who would like to have sex with Eliza, this is great news if you ask me!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

They're going all out to woo the American Sci-Fi fans with their casting, aren't they?

Torchwood has really gone from 'Ah, who gives a crap' to 'Wow! I CAN'T WAIT!'

Doooshkoo! There goes S5 then....

I'm in the queue with Alex though.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Turns out this is now an animated thing, which is a real shame. Still, on the plus side, it might mean they expand certain parts of Dushku's anatomy...Ahem...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Nice thought, Alex.

I've just got the Blu Ray of Miracle Day (*ducks*) and "Web of Lies" is included as an extra so I've started watching it tonight. So far, aside from John Barrowman's face looking a bit wierd the animation is pretty good quality especially in HD, also the story is quite interesting, dare I even suggest, slightly better than the TV series it accompanied...