View Poll Results: How would you rate The One Doctor?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5: Really Good

4 50.00%
  • 4: Good

2 25.00%
  • 3: Neither Good Or Bad

1 12.50%
  • 2: Bad

1 12.50%
  • 1: Really Bad

0 0%

Arrow The BF Time Warp 027: The One Doctor

When the evil Skelloids launch an attack upon the seventeen worlds of the Generios system, its peace-loving inhabitants face total destruction.

So it's fortunate that the famous traveller in time and space known only as the Doctor is in the area, and doubly lucky that, with the help of his pretty young assistant, Sally-Anne, he manages to defeat the deadly creatures and save the day.

But now it looks as though the Doctor¹s luck has run out.

Who is the mysterious, curly-haired stranger who insists on causing trouble? What role does the feisty redhead Melanie play in his scheme? And what have they to do with the sinister alien cylinder approaching Generios?

One thing is certain: for the Doctor and Sally-Anne, there's deadly danger ahead ...
    The Sixth Doctor and Mel take on their biggest ever threat, Christopher Biggins! What do you think of this BF?

A daft comedy with some great ideas. I especially liked the concept of the 'vulgar' end of time, where everything has been discovered and people are just a bit silly. I remember it being a hoot, even if it does have the TARDIS as a toilet, which is an idea that every schoolkid has imagined at some point.

This is one of the most enjoyably silly, and fun Doctor Who adventures BF have done. The idea of someone impersonating the Doctor to make money from fake invasion plots is inspired and great fun.

I really liked the banter between Colin and Biggins, which was just a joy. Christopher Biggins sounds as if he's enjoying himself immensely throughout. This story also really suits the strait laced Mel, who's disgust at Sally-Ann is enjoyable too.

One of my favourite, and I think the success of this one was something other BF releases have tried to emulate without great success sadly. One of my favourites.

Good fun,if all a bit inconsequential,and there are some nice ideas,however I preferred Bang-Bang-A-Boom! by the same writing team

I was the other way around. I though Bang-Bang-A-Boom was awful!

When I first heard them I thought they were both poor.

Both have since grown on me...like a fungus.

We gave this one a relisten in the car last night and I'm pleased to say it's stood the test of time. It's genuinely warm and funny all the way through. Lovably daft!

It's a bit like something we'd make!

Si.

I was expecting to like this one. Everyone else seems to. From what I'd heard, this sounded like it'd be a fun and flippant story, with fun for everyone. Perhaps with such high expectations, it's not surprise that I was utterly disappointed by this.

I'm not one who thinks that comedy and Doctor Who shouldn't be mixed. When done well, it's brilliant. Sadly, this was not done well - it came across as a barely competant Douglas Adams rip-off to me. I really felt that most of it wasn't actually that funny - some of it raised a smile, but nothing in this play actually caused me to laugh out loud. And "Banto Zame" is obviously meant to sound like "Panto Dame". Yuck.

There are some great ideas in this - a Doctor doppelgänger, out to make profit out of the Doctor's name or the revelation of what the Cylinder is actually after. Then, there are the less satisfactory ideas - maybe it's because I heard this after seeing Bad Wolf, but the Weakest Link parody does nothing for me. Or there's the whole thing with the Jelloid. And I know a lot of people love the Assemblers, but again - they did absolutely nothing for me.

And the cast seem to be doing their best with it. They really do. They seem to be enjoying every minute of it, and they get points for effort from me for that.

At the end of the day, I guess the real problem that I had with this story was that it seemed like it was trying just a little too hard for me. That said, I find that to be the case with a lot of Gareth Roberts' stuff. I really feel that our own range of audios do a lot of the style of comedy that this is trying to do a lot better. This particular story gets a lowly 2/5 from me, sadly.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I like this one but having gone back to it last year for the first time since pre-2005 I did find it had dated.
    That said my favourite bit has always been the hidden extra scene at the end of disc 2 - The Doctor and Mel's Christmas, which I used to play every Christmas for several years before we started getting Christmas specials on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    I like this one but having gone back to it last year for the first time since pre-2005 I did find it had dated.
    That may have been the problem - I heard this one for the very first time yesterday.

I think part of the problem was that for me, the humour just wasn't particularly witty.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I think at the time it was so unusual to have a BF with such a huge sense of fun, and not taking itself too seriously that it was a real breath of fresh air. Of course humour is subjective, so it's always going to appeal to some more than others... but I love it!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We gave this one a relisten in the car last night and I'm pleased to say it's stood the test of time. It's genuinely warm and funny all the way through. Lovably daft!
    Agreed - I will re-visit this one when I need cheering up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk