Default "Let's Kill Hitler!" Speculation thread

What sort of Doctor Who forum would we be if we didn't have a thread about the next episode despite it being months and months away?
    Suddenly, those German guards in the first trailer made sense! And then you had the tunneling escape in the The Impossible Astronaut.
    There were a few sequences in that trailer that we haven't got to see yet.
    There was the two child like dolls that walked with huge masks. There was The Doctor dressed as a clown. Do the dolls help him kill Hitler?
    And I don't know if I should put this in spoilers but... The Doctor is going to be in Hitler's bunker isn't he? And woot! We could see the chance for companionless (Apart from people in that timeline who do help him) Matt Smith Doctor for a few weeks?

Imagine how great the speeches will be! Anybody heard who's writing it?

The scary dolls are from Mark Gatiss's story, not Let's Kill Hitler. (Which, BTW, is written by Steven Moffat.)

I would imagine the title really refers to that saying people use, if you could go back in time to when Hitler was a baby, would you kill the baby to save future deaths, in reference to Amy's time baby and how she's been created as a weapon in a war against the Doctor.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Oh that's a good thought, Steve, brilliant.

Adolf Hitler either will, or won't, be in it!

Sounds awfully like we've been here before ...

If someone who knew the future, pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives… could you then kill that child?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Adolf Hitler either will, or won't, be in it!

if he is what a pitty that the wonderfull Michael Sheard, is no longer with us to play the part.

The guy who'll play Hitler played Von Braun in the wonderful BBC Space Race. I found out Hitler would be in it months ago after looking at the guy's profile on imdb.
    Last edited by Rob McCow; 7th Jun 2011 at 9:49 AM. Reason: Some people may not want to know! :)
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

This is a speculation thread, not a spoilers one.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Will Matt Smith in the episode after make a cheeky comment about Hitler's er... underpants problem? Would that be a new low, or one of Matt's best lines?

"I could almost feel sorry for him. I have two hearts and he had... well, now where's that baby of yours gone, Pond?"

Underpants problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Underpants problem?
    #Hitler/ Has only got one/ etc!

Surely the Doctor would know that the rumour/song was untrue & just English propaganda?

And yes, it would be a new low for Doctor Who if he did.

Skagra - has only got one ball.

If it had been filmed he'd have got them all out in episode 6 and revealed that he'd in fact got lots of balls. One of which attached itself to a students face.

Si.

Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    The guy who'll play Hitler played Von Braun in the wonderful BBC Space Race. I found out Hitler would be in it months ago after looking at the guy's profile on imdb.
    Surely saying Hitler is going to appear in an episode called Lets Kill Hitler is about as un-spoilerish as saying during episode 1 of Revenge of the Cybermen "when are the Cybermen going to make an appearance".

Thank God they called Earthshock what they did - they were going to call it XXX Of the Cybermen ...

And thinking about it I'm sure one of the shock endings in Genesis of the Daleks is the first appearance of a Dalek. Again given the title of the story where was the shock value there?

^ I still dunno why Mike's spoilered.

That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingBeastie View Post
    ^ I still dunno why Mike's spoilered.

That's ridiculous.
    I find it more mildly amusing given the history of the program ...

Coming soon ...

An Unearthly Child - She's not from Earth

You could do a Let's Kill Hitler story quite easily without actually featuring Hitler at all.

I suppose so ... But it's a lame spoiler. The spoiler would be that the Shakespeare Code turns out to be about Shakespeare's Sister

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    I suppose so ... But it's a lame spoiler. The spoiler would be that the Shakespeare Code turns out to be about Shakespeare's Sister
    YES! Marcella Detroit uses her high voice to save the universe from Siobhan Fahey's gravelly, Capstan non-filtered growl.

For personal reasons I'm hoping they do an episode set in the 30th Century called 'Nixon's Back!' ...