Thread: A new companion

Default A new companion

After allthis.... if River Song is the daughter of his current companions and she spends time in a space-suit with The Silence, shoots him (and maybe regenerates) and is imprisoned in the Stormcage, surely the Doctor would decide to travel alone n the futue.....?
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

Shoots who?

Shoots the Doctor!

So does this all tie in with what she said in Time of Angels (or somesuch) about being put in the Storm Cage for killing someone? She said she killed an important man. Then we see the Doctor being killed by the Impossible Astronaut, so it kind of adds up.

EXCEPT - she didn't seem to know what was going to happen when the Astronaut killed the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post

EXCEPT - she didn't seem to know what was going to happen when the Astronaut killed the Doctor.
    No, but there was a line I found very odd after she tries shooting at it unsuccessfully (when it walks back in to the water). Doesn't she say "of course"...?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Despite the fact that a lot of too-obvious theories seem to be turning out to be true, I still think it's too obvious for it to be her in the spacesuit. We never see anyone in the spacesuit in 2011, we know it's just a suit that anyone can fit into, and can maybe even walk about on its own. AND we know that River didn't seem to have any memory of the event (apart from whatever that "of course" thing meant). AND it would mean she'd have been in prison since she was about 8 years old, so how did she then become a Doctor of archaeology and learn all her fancy shootin' skills? Plus the little girl was just asking for help and had no motive to go around shooting anyone (with a gun we didn't see her have) anyway.

All we know is that it had her in it for a while in 1969, but that she didn't want to be in it and forced her way out of it. It shot the Doctor over 40 years later and we have no idea it can travel in time, or any reason to think that it can, so it really is a stretch to assume it must have the same person in it. It might as well have been Buzz Aldrin for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    AND it would mean she'd have been in prison since she was about 8 years old
    Not neccessarily, the spacesuit might have contained an adult River/Melody, who is having her "first ever meeting" with the Doctor. A Doctor who dropped out of the sky knowing everything about her (the first thing he says to 'the suit' is 'Hello, it's ok, I know it's you') as she describes to Rory in The Impossible Astronaut.

I see now what Moffat meant with his teasing about still not knowing who River is!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Okay... so she hung around on Earth for 40-odd years, keeping hold of the suit that she hated and escaped from while she was a child, but decided she actually liked it really, and liked to go for long walks by/in the water whilst wearing it. Taking her ray gun with her for the hell of it. Someone walks up to her and says "I know it's you", so she thinks "wow, he obviously really must know everything about me if he said that, I'd better kill him instantly," shoots him, then sinks back beneath the water again.

I still think it's Delenn in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Someone walks up to her and says "I know it's you", so she thinks "wow, he obviously really must know everything about me if he said that, I'd better kill him instantly," shoots him, then sinks back beneath the water again.
    Well no, not really. We now know that River/Melody was created with the intention of being a weapon to fight the Doctor, so the same people may have planned for her to do it.

Not saying that's what will happen, but it's certainly a possibility at the moment.

So the Watcher was the Doctor all the time, right?

So we are led to believe.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?