Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm not up to date on the first two parts - there's a really great 80s feel to it, which I hugely approve of!! Not just in the gorgeous incidentals, but also the large amount of TARDIS action, and the references to companions' rooms plus the perpetual background hum - spot on, it's very easy to picture this taking place inside the TARDIS. Not to mention the Cyber voices, how on earth did you manage to get the effect of that so accurate?

Pip and Si have actually been augmented by superior Cybertechnology.

And all the natty synth that comes with it.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Pip and Si have actually been augmented by superior Cybertechnology

Really glad you're enjoying it Andrew These two episodes turned out very S19 without me even trying- a good mix of Castrovalva and Earthshock. The music complimented that rather nicely too I think.

As for the Cyber voices, I've no idea. They were sent to me completed, really! You'll have to ask Si how he did them as he's the clever one who sorted that out for me.

You can't end it there!!! I can't wait another week to see what happens!!!
    As always, really good stuff there. Love the flashbacks - the acting is particulary good in the emotional ones (I won't say more than that as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who's not heard it yet). We are only half way through and this story already feels epic!!

Love the classic series feel to it - I can just imagine this being made in the JNT era.

Really excellent!!!

I've got the Cyber Voices sewn up and I'm keeping their secret close to my chest. Then the guys will be stuck with me forever (or any time we want to do a Cyberman story anyway).

Si.

That episode was brilliant stuff. After years of doing lots of lines and scenes separately, it all comes together incredibly well and it lovely to hear the complete play.

I'm really pleased you like it Paul. Considering the amount of sessions your lines have been done in, there's a lovely consistency within them and I think you'd be hard pressed to spot the fact that quite often scenes have been recorded with all the lines recorded at different times.

I'm so glad that people are enjoying it so much. I've worked really hard on this one over such a long time that I wasn't sure any more if it was any good or not. I'm glad we've got it done (though I haven't actually finished yet!) and you can all hear it.

Considering the amount of sessions your lines have been done in, there's a lovely consistency within them and I think you'd be hard pressed to spot the fact that quite often scenes have been recorded with all the lines recorded at different times.
    I was a bit concerned about that. I thought my voice might be all over the place but surprisingly it does stay pretty consistant. You have honestly done a superb job Si.

Thanks Paul

Thoroughly enjoyed the second part! The Cybermen voices really are excellent, Pip's really channelling David Banks with his slightly more Northern Cyberleader and I loved the use of the 80's Cyber-music. David's Cyber Planner was uncanny too!

I enjoyed the flashback sequences the most. I've always wondered about Nick origins and his relationship to the Doctor, so it's fascinating to see how he came to travel with the Doctor. Who was playing Nick's mom? (it sounded like Kathy) I don't think we've ever had such a distraught performance in a PS Audio!

I have to give a shout out to Paul as well for the final few moments when the Doctor arrives on Masanicassa, t'was very well played!

Thank you kind sir!

Nick's Mum was played by Susan Alexander- Steve's sister, who you may remember for her marvellously OTT turn in Once Upon a Time Lord. This was actually her first PS Audio, and she really went for it. There's some great stuff to come still from her and the rest of the cast, including some great acting from Paul next episode.

I too love the resigned tone of Paul's voice as he says "I happened" and the Doctor slumps to the ground during the cliffhanger. One of my favourite bits of the story.

I STILL haven't heard it. We want to sit down and listen to it together, but we haven't had an evening yet!

Shame on me!

Si.

Just caught up on episodes one and two - great stuff!

It seem like ages since we had a new adventure to listen too and this has been well worth the wait. The Cybermen are hugely authentic, and I love the Cyber Planner too! (incidentally, it's quite straightforward to create Cyber voices - I did something very similar for Tamaras - but I shall keep Mum on the technique! ).

Looking forward to Episode 3!

Sssh!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I too love the resigned tone of Paul's voice as he says "I happened" and the Doctor slumps to the ground during the cliffhanger. One of my favourite bits of the story.
    You know, I thought that line was me in the season trailer. I thought, 'When did I say that?! And how come I sound so full of character?'

The answers are of course: I didn't; because it was Paul.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I'm not saying a lot ATM because I can remember the whole story from the script, so I don't want to say anything inadvertant that would spoil it.

I am enjoying it immensly though, and will have lots to say in 2 weeks time
    Bazinga !

That's very considerate Jon. Thanks- pleased you're enjoying it though despite not being able to say anything about it!

Well, just as long as Nick doesn't turn out to be Rob's daughter I shall be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Well, just as long as Nick doesn't turn out to be Rob's daughter I shall be happy!
    It wasn't written by Steven Moffat you know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Bliiiiiiimey! Giving birth is excruuuuuuuuciating!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

A little earlier than planned, as I'm going away for the weekend shortly...

Episode 3:

The Doctor confronts the Cybermen and the actions of his past, Rob hears a story and Nick falls under an malevolent influence...

Click the link to stream the episode, or save target to save yourself a copy:

http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/audios...a-Episode3.mp3
    Last edited by Philipnet; 19th Apr 2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Updated link

Huzzah! This'll give me something to listen to on the train tommorrow!

Thank you!
    Back in a bit...

Seriously, back in a bit, I got distracted yesterday!
    Last edited by Dino; 25th Jun 2011 at 10:29 AM.