Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Massanicassa: New Audio Adventure!

PRESENT
    MASSANICASSA

The Doctor, Nick and Rob return in a new adventure....

Episode 1: The Doctor and Rob share Nick's nightmares, Nick hears a voice from the past and the Doctor reacts very oddly when he hears the word, Massanicassa... just what secrets has the Doctor kept hidden for years?

Download Episode 1 Now!

http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/audios...a-Episode1.mp3

Right click the link above and choose 'Save as'. Then play the file! And enjoy!
    Last edited by Philipnet; 19th Apr 2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Updated link

Ooh exciting! I'm certainly going to tune in and see how they get along!

This is beyond highly anticipated! Believe me, I've heard snatches, and it's epic. You want to download and listen to this one!!

Si.

No Nick! Don't do it!

Fab stuff, even though I'm not in it yet.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

It's been soooo long since I was involved in the recording I love it every time I recognise where I appear .

And Episode one has a WTF ending!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I've just finished Episode 1. And you're right Phil. Major WTF!!

I might have to listen to this ... just to find out how you pronounce that word!

I know, it's probably just how it's spelt but ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Glad I got away with the WTF ending. That was my intention- to have it come out of nowhere!

I really enjoyed it! Great production Si and brilliant ending. I loved the constant hum of the TARDIS throughout and you did Nan proud making all her bits sound excellent!

Si.

Even though I have a copy of the script, I'm glad I haven't read it.
    It makes the whole story a surprise!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

*Spoilers* Follow

Knowing how Si likes his TARDIS scenes, it's no surprise that he's delivered us an episode set entirely within its walls. I did feel as if I were wandering the corridors, and it reminded me lots of "Castrovalva". Nick seemed to have a real strop on in this episode! It's clearly something pretty massive is "going down". It's quite shocking to hear him side with Rob and seem to loathe the Doctor so much, especially after the relaxed and close nature of their relationship in so many previous episodes. The use of the Earthshock music for the cliffhanger, echoing a similar revelation in that story, was inspired.

Can't wait for Episode 2!

Si.

BTW, I haven't had chance to listen to part 1 yet (tomorrow evening hopefully) but the recommendation "reminded me lots of Castrovalva" makes me very excited indeed!!!

Absolutely bloody fantastic!!!

Erm, as you can probably tell; I rather enjoyed that!

"Stop bleating at me"!!!

Thanks Andrew! Glad you like the bleating joke!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Thanks Andrew! Glad you like the bleating joke!
    As usual the script is top-notch!

As usual there are lots of nice little gags in this story, but what I really like is that it doesn't use the gags to move the story on. This is building up as quite a serious story about the characters.

It's great to hear Dave showing off a different side; Nick has always been brilliant, but his anger and confusion about hearing the voices of his people is portrayed superbly. He makes a menacing enemy for the Doctor, although you get the feeling that if they sat and talked about it calmly it might all get resolved - of course, we'll have to see how it unfolds!

The production is wonderful. I adore the psychic dreamscapes of Nick's imaginiation, with the mysterious laughter and thunderclaps. It's very atmospheric.

A fabulous opening installment to what might be the best adventure yet!

Finally got a chance to listen to this tonight!

Superb! I loved the smaller scale and the fact it was all set in the Tardis. Loved the "bleating" moment and "shut that door!", its always nice to see more of the Tardis.

Excellent characterisation as well, while you get a great pace with our two part stories, you can't really have an episode like this where two characters are strolling around having a chat. Great performances from everybody too, Paul sounds uber mysterious, even when he's just talking about feeding the birds. Si Hunt's Nan is also very good!

Loved the music too, sounds very 80's...is it from something? Also, is it just me or does the mysterious laughter at the start sound like somebody laughing the Doctor Who theme?

Thanks Martin!

The music is all radiophonic stuff, but stuff they did for other shows rather than Who. I've always wanted a trad style score and have spent years collecting huge amounts of radiophonic music just for this moment (oh, OK, I love it, and this was just a chance to use it!). For a story like this I think it works quite well.

As for the laugh, that was just a coincidence. Si's Nan did it, and I just treated it a little to make it a little more sinister than it did originally. It's amazing what a bit of echo can add.

As for the characterisation, well that was one of my aims. I really love this TARDIS team, and much of the times their lines just write themselves. I thought it'd be interesting to see what'd happen if they were suddenly pitted against each other, if some of the tensions that have been hinted at before surfaced. Thankfully Paul, Steve and especially Dave rose to the occasion and play it incredibly well.

I'm really glad you're all enjoying it. It's had such a convoluted production (I started working on the script back in 2008!) that I'm just happy to have it out here at last.

I'm really glad you're all enjoying it. It's had such a convoluted production (I started working on the script back in 2008!) that I'm just happy to have it out here at last.
    It's nice to hear the pay off from little bits back in the 2008 stories now, I'd forgotten that the old woman showed up in Blood Money for a few seconds!

I forgot to mention how much I loved the cliffhanger too, with that bit of music suddenly chiming in!

Available NOW!

Episode 2:

Nick has a history lesson, Rob learns the power of optimism and the Doctor has deja vu...

http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/audios...a-Episode2.mp3

Click right and save target to hear pt 2 of this story.
    Last edited by Philipnet; 19th Apr 2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated link

A triple cliffhanger! I love it when that happens!

Marvellous stuff, and the flashbacks add mystery while still driving the plot forward.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I'll be listening to it tomorrow on my way to work.

Si.

This is the first of the PS Audios I've bothered with and... wow! Sorry, but who's the cast list again? Is this a four part story?

This is indeed a four part story. Glad you're enjoying it! The cast list is:

The Doctor Paul Monk
    Nick David Tudor
    Rob Steven Alexander
    Milestra: Si Hunt's Gran
    Milestra (Younger): Ali Pearce
    Aaron: Tim Hawtin
    Esther: Susan Alexander
    Daborn: Brendan Jones
    Cyberleader: Pip Madeley
    Cybermen: Si Hunt
    Cyberplanner: David Barnes
    Massanicassans: Christopher Brumby, Ashley Culley, Philip Culley, Si Hunt, Philip Ludlam, Jon Masters, Jonno Simmons

Just (finally!) done part 1 - excellent, and will post a few more thoughts in a minute - but first, straight onto part 2!!

And who'd have thought that Telos, like many other planets, has a North...

Ah yes, the Cybermanc as I've been calling him for a while!