Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Who'd have ever imagined there would be a Derek Jacobi action figure?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Chan is someone missing from the set tho?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Who'd have ever imagined there would be a Derek Jacobi action figure?
    Some kid is going to wake up on Christmas morning to Derek Jacobi, Richard Wilson and the Gelth Zombie and wonder what he's supposed to do with them.

I absolutely must get my cousin's kid a Weeping Angel, though- they're his favourite monster because his sister's scared of them!

Pip Madeley Guest

Some kid is going to wake up on Christmas morning to Derek Jacobi, Richard Wilson and the Gelth Zombie and wonder what he's supposed to do with them.
    Play "Last Of The Summer Wine"?

Ooh, now they're good! They've really captured John Simm's likeness, there - not so much Derek Jacobi, but it's still really good.

By the way, did anyone see Alan Titchmarsh and Anthea Turner fingering a Dalek Sec Voice Changer mask on telly last night?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Whisper it softly, but there seem to be Sycorax Leaders in this latest batch too- with Series 1 branding, which is slightly odd.

Well to be fair, they can't brand them "CHRISTMAS SPECIAL BETWEEN SERIES 1 & 2" can they?

Aren't The Weeping Angels in a set? Or am I misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    Aren't The Weeping Angels in a set? Or am I misremembering?
    With a Sally Sparrow figure, hopefully!

I'm waiting for the full size inflatable Sally Sparrow.

I'd rather have an inflatable Jackie. I think the angels come as a pack of four together.

But I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    I think the angels come as a pack
    Don't we all.
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 12th Oct 2007 at 11:21 AM.

The Christmas Invasion is surely part of Season 2, though? It was filmed with Season 2, it was boxed up in the DVD set with Season 2... never mind.

I'm looking forward to pulling the wings of the angel, painting it gold so that I can have an 'Axon Woman' figure.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The Christmas Invasion is surely part of Season 2, though? It was filmed with Season 2, it was boxed up in the DVD set with Season 2... never mind.
    On the other hand, you could equally argue that the Christmas Invasion was series one because New Earth is designated Series 2 Episode 1, the very first episode of series 2. All subjective.

Or equally I would argue that The Christmas Invation was a special one off that is neither part of season 1 or 2.

I would argue that The Christmas Invasion's best element was Dame Jackie Tyler, and we still haven't got a frigging Jackie figure. Yeah, let's have Doctor Constantine or a Gelth Zombie, but no Jackie.

May be Camille hasn't given her permission for one?

Pip Madeley Guest

Thascalos may cream herself when she sees this:

http://www.wetanz.com/doctor_who/ind...&catid=15#more

In the first picture, I thought it came with a murdered Peter Davison figure!!

That is a really good likeness though.

Is that a model of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    In the first picture, I thought it came with a murdered Peter Davison figure!!

That is a really good likeness though.
    I thought so too!

When will they make the Classic Series Doctor's and Companions? I'm first in line for the Troughton and Jamie figures along with the Old Timey Cybermen

Pip Madeley Guest

It was inevitable:

The Voyage of the Damned Set, due for release in March, will contain a 5" Kylie Astrid Peth figure, a new The Doctor figure in long coat with red plimsoles and glasses, two Host figures and two new accessories.
    Do they really need to release yet another variation of the Doctor?

More news of forthcoming products:

The Fobwatch, designed to hold Time Lord consciousness, features speech, light and sound effects and can also tell the time!
    There's new Series 1 & 2 figures on their way too...

More products for 2008:

The World of Doctor Who playset, featuring interchangeable background 'layers' from Series 1 and 2.

The big Xmas 2008 toy is expected to be the Dalek Voice Changer Mask featuring light and sound FX and improved (louder) voice changer capability. The RRP will be £39.99.

The Sonic Screwdriver will receive an upgrade to incorporate a working pen.

This year the range of figure gift packs or sets is to be expanded. Two new gift packs will be released every quarter, each containing four figures from particular episodes.

The Valiant Gift Set, featuring a Lucy Saxon figure, is also due out March 2008. The School Reunion set is now shelved and no longer planned for release. The Captain Jack Series 3 figure is still in the pipeline as are the Glow in the Dark and/or 9" Light-Up figure for possible July release. 2008 will see a new version of the Dalek Battle Pack

The Micro Universe range will get a playset for the figures and ships due around July 2008. The TARDIS, Judoon Ship and Sanctuary Base Rocket are out now.

The new style plastic that was used in the manufacture of The Doctor in SS Pentallian Space Suit, The Master and Professor Yana figures will not be used again. The figures will all now go back to the original plastic. The Pentallian Doctor, The Master and Professor Yana are to be re-released in the new plastic. The only figure not to be remade with the old plastic is the Regeneration Master figure.
    Some series four figures news, beware some very big spoilers:

Series 4 figures will be released in redesigned packaging. Each figure will feature an accessory. The RRP for the figures is set to rise by £1 from its current £6.99 to £7.99 Series 4 figures should be out around June 2008. Look out for a Sontaran Gift Set, 12" Sontaran figure and a Murder Mystery Set out in June. Also a new Radio Controlled Davros S4 figure available in 5" and 12" formats.
    And classic series figures news:

The Classic Series figures first wave is now delayed till May 2008. Wave 1 of the Classics will include 4th Doctor Tom Baker, 5th Doctor Peter Davison and 6th Doctor Colin Baker. Look out for a possible classic Special Weapons Dalek and Tenth Planet Cyberman. Also a 5" Evolution of the Daleks Collection introducing some of the different Daleks seen over the Classic years, and a Season 12 Gift set (1974-75) Classics

That's awesome! I'm first on line for the tenth planet cybermen and....Peter...now I can kiss him all I want!

Oh dear, did I say that aloud?

That figure looks almost entirely unlike Lis Sladen. That's a shame cos I might have been tempted.

The Old Series figures still sound really exciting, and I think I might collect them. They're far more exciting than the new series ones!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

A season 12 gift set! Really exciting (thank goodness I've got an 8-year old nephew to buy these things for (well, and a 39 year old brother)).

The Sarah-Jane figure makes my panties drip.